• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leica Reticles for ER Riflescopes

Re: Leica Reticles for ER Riflescopes

Okay, last question, I made an honest attempt to find it but don't see anywhere on the website (yours or Leica) what the warranty is.

Hate to say it but as good as Leica is in Cameras and Bins I thik they are out of their minds with these prices. A co that has never made a scope, that is charging schmidt,zeiss, nf, swaro prices are headed for a tough road imo, mabye I am wrong, have been many times but thats kinda like Leupold charging 1600 for their GR bino. They are in the big leagues now so hope to see them do well, they better damn well have a warranty thats off the chart and have a scope that is beyond awsome.

Casscad, I have a Leica theodolite. You have never looked through
anything so sharp. The glass resolves 1/400th of an inch at 100 feet. I think that is on the order of .075 inches at 1000 yards. My earliest USO resolves .25 @ 1000 yards. And I don't believe they polish them that highly now as .25 is far better than
your eye can use. It's not the glass that I would be concerned with at all. Leica
has built with the best for near a century. As far as company size Leica is bigger than
all you mentioned combined. They build the highest tech surveying equipment
available, hence their dominance in the range finder product for so long now. I don't
know what the mechanicals will be like but the optics should be superb.

I like Leica so much that I named my dog after them
laugh.gif

I just hope that their scopes are what I've been wishing for the last 4 years while awaiting their arrival.

I have owned and do own more Leica than I can count. Their glass is superb but so is everyone else's. They can be as good as sb,zeiss,swaro but better is of opnion only unless they spec a higher grade of glass. And in most hunting scopes they spec about as good as needed while still maintaing a decent sell price. I hope they do well because I will probally try one for the hell of it, as I said been using Leica arount 13 years so why stop now. Their CS also lacks something to be desired but with Doug who cares. I just think they are to high with a opeaning scope and the 0 experience in making scopes. We will see, may be the end all be all(hope so) but I doubt it. Still its good to have them making scopes, wish they would have done long ago.

Sorry for the delay in reply, I've been trying to get an answer and finally this morning I received an e-mail stating a 10 year warranty