• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leica RF 1600 details please

9H_Cracka

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2005
WAY off base (COS CO)
Folks - Can any of you elaborate on the usefulness of the additional features beyond telling you the distance on this LRF? Yea I get it on baro pressure and temp; I was wondering if anyone has used the features beyond that. It appears to have its own firing solution program built in.

Thanks.

"Leica Rangemaster CRF1600 Rangefinder w/ Integrated Intelligent"

"A sturdy, compact and ergonomic rangefinder capable of ranging targets out to 1,600 yards. Integrated atmospheric sensors display air temperature and barometric pressure, both of which can affect ballistics, in the same easytoread LCD as the distance. <span style="font-weight: bold">A newly developed ballistic compensation feature computes hold over necessary to hit the target at the ranged yardage.</span> Its waterproof body is constructed of diecast, aircraftgrade aluminum. 7X magnification. Runs on one CR2 lithium battery. "

Re: Leica RF 1600 details please

It also gives you the angle of the dangle which is useful. I have one and am very happy with it - its light, compact and fast and actually ranges past 1600. The furthest I've had is 1950 - Leica have unofficially had readings past 2000. A nice feature to add would be compass bearing.

I will buy a pair of their binos if they get round to incorporating this feature and angle and increase the range. It would also be nice to have some GPS function that could tie in with a handheld GPS.

Re: Leica RF 1600 details please

Thanks Scott - your thread does not contain the information I am looking for, specifically "A newly developed ballistic compensation feature computes hold over necessary to hit the target at the ranged yardage."

Is this summed up as the ACI capability, or is there more to it? Thanks.