• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

leica,s 1600 or not

brichardson82

Private
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2011
Missouri, US
thinking of getting leica 1600 range finder, wondering if it will ballistically match my 7 wsm Gap rifle for moa barometric pressure and so on .Please give me some input.

Re: leica,s 1600 or not

It's a good compact rangefinder. Mine ranges beyond 1600. I've never used the ballistic function but I think it only works to 500 yards.

Yes, it only provides you the adjustments to only 500 meters. When you setup the ballistics, you choose 1 of 12 different ballistic drop curves. You choose the drop curve based on what your round is closest too. You can set your zero at either 100 or 200 yrds or meters

This is a great rangefinder for the money. I have gotten readings out to 1800 yds. The ballistics feature is great for fast shooting out to 550yds. Busted a nice coyote today at 485yds. Using the ballistic feature is great for this type of shooting. Hope this helps. Contact me for all your fluting needs.
cool.gif

Regards, Paul.

I had the CRF-y 1200 range finder, then sold it to my brother and got the CRF 1600.
Both are great. No complaints after shoot a lot of targets and animals over the years.

They did not agree.
It turns out that the CRF 1600 came set on meters, and I needed to push a button.

After having lost a number GPS units, I have everything on lanyards.

So the rifle is on a sling.
The binoculars are on a harness.
The CRF 1600 is on a lanyard.
The GPS is on a lanyard.
The Kestrel is on a lanyard.
The rear bag is hanging from the sling.

So when I put my gear on, I start out like a tangled puppet.

Same here, tried a few different rangefinders and sold all and ended my search with the Leica 1600. It is just overall superior to the rest in its class and price range and below. You will be happy you got it, but if you decide you don't like it, I will give you your money back as I need another. Win, Win situation! Go for it!

I love my Leica 1600 CRF. I think its one of the best investments I have made. I carry mine in my shirt pocket with me at work all the time. I find I use it more as a monocular than a range finder. The glass is nothing short of fantastic. The rangefinder works well on most objects under 1,000 yards and on bigger objects past 1,600 yards. It is able to give you temperature, angle of fire and atmopheric pressure, with the touch of a single button. It has ballistic software built into it but I don't like or use that feature. It seems more designed for the weekend hunter. The drop information given only goes out to 500 yards and is giving in inches not MOA or MIL or even the corrected range. That is the only negatives I can see. I think its the best rangefinder in its class. The only thing close was the Swarovski,which is also a very nice range finder, the main thing I liked about the Leica over the Swarovski was that the Leica was a little smaller. For my use, the Leica was the better of the two. You would go wrong picking either one.