• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Lenght of pull

Perry41arms

Private
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2018
So I thought I would post this here as a general question or starting point for those in my position.

I am 5 foot 5 and struggling with certain chassis, for example I have tried a J Allen, MDT ACC, MDT ESS, KRG W3 but they all feel too long for me.

I have also found that with my smaller build I struggle with grip placement.

What is the correct measurement from trigger to butt stock for someone 5 foot 5 ?

@lowlight you suffer from the same verticle challenge, how do you deal with it ?

TIA

You can get the MDT ACC short buttstock with a 12.5" LOP. MPA also has a short buttstock; XLR and Falkor both have ability to go super short as well.

Getting an MDT adjustable grip with fore/aft adjustments is also huge, and something stocks don't offer. Falkor has also come up with a similar concept to reduce grip-to-trigger distance.

There are lots of options on the market now to get a well-fitting chassis, even for smaller folks.

My buddy has a KRG bravo, before we put the spacers in it felt like a youth chassis. maybe give one a try if you don't mind the more traditional style stock

Tough question. Can you post some photos of you with your weapon in your natural shooting position. Geometry could be all over the place.

So I thought I would post this here as a general question or starting point for those in my position.

I am 5 foot 5 and struggling with certain chassis, for example I have tried a J Allen, MDT ACC, MDT ESS, KRG W3 but they all feel too long for me.

I have also found that with my smaller build I struggle with grip placement.

What is the correct measurement from trigger to butt stock for someone 5 foot 5 ?

@lowlight you suffer from the same verticle challenge, how do you deal with it ?

TIA
I have the same issue. I am 5’7 with short arms. As others mentioned- measure center of elbow crease to index finger at 90 degrees. I have 12.75 “ LOP works good.
Also have to make the index finger reach from grips which is a stretch sometimes.
You can get a Timney Calvin Elite and move the trigger shoe back to help that along with shimming the grips if needed.
I had a Gunwerks Magnus w 12.75 LOP made - fits great.

I just got an MDT XRS for my 457. I’m usually at 13” LOP or a little shorter and this has plenty of adjustment.

My monkey arms give me the opposite problem. I run out of LOP and get to add more and moar spacers. Elbow to trigger.

Inside of elbow to the trigger finger at 90 degrees.

I’ll let frank answer how he’s handled it

I tried this exact method after watching a youtube video and got 15.5". Im 5'11"

Both my chassis setups, with spacers, are an exact fit at 14.5" LOP.

an adjustable LOP buttpad or a setup where you can add in spacers will help you dial in exactly where you want to be. I like MDT's approach with each spacer being approx 1/4", so you can tune it in exactly where you need to be. I believe a kit includes 4, so up to an inch extra.
https://mdttac.ca/buttstock-spacer-kit/

For the shorter guys, they do offer a shorter LOP SRS stock now too, but that is not compatible with ALL chassis setups they offer, only specific ones.

Last edited:
I'll chime in here as well being short I've ran into the same problems. Often even with the correct lop I struggle with the grip to trigger spacing since I have short fingers. On chassis I found the mdt verticle grip that you can adjust back and forth to move it closer worked quite well and then I'm not stuck using a timney that I don't like. For stocks I have an mcm a10 from when they first came out with them after low-light suggestion at one of his classes. I also have had manners move the inlet back on a couple stocks when they made them moving them closer to the grip. On my og jallen the answer for the grip was the one that mkm made last year that made it awesome though it all has a longer lop then I like

Reactions: Matagorda308
12.625” LOP
MPA Matrix with the short buttplate assembly, Vert 3 grip, and the X Small finger shelf support.
Never felt better behind the gun since going to this setup.
Son has a KRG Bravo, felt pretty good behind it the few times I got behind it.

I usually run it 1/2 to 3/4” short of that.

I do as well

Same here.

I tend to think the good ol' elbow-crease-to-trigger-finger measurement will definitly get one in the ballpark, but these days seems most go a tad shorter. Just like with AR-style guns (though much less so) a modern rifle stance is more square to the target than bladed, and off objects/props and in unconventional positions a little shorter seems to work out better.

I'm 6'2" and my LOP is 13.75".

12.625” LOP
MPA Matrix with the short buttplate assembly, Vert 3 grip, and the X Small finger shelf support.
Never felt better behind the gun since going to this setup.
Son has a KRG Bravo, felt pretty good behind it the few times I got behind it.
Tried one of these the other day at my FFL. Oddly enough, the straight grip that everyone seems to love, made the LOP and Grip angle feel awkward for me. Not sure if that really affects "LOP", but it sure as hell seemed like the straight grip made the trigger and trigger well too far for my fingers to reach normally. Wonder how that factors in for others..

My kiddo is almost 10.

Rifle is being built and will go into an MDT chassis with carbine interface.

Using the Luth AR MBA 4 with cheek riser to make an 11” LOP.
You can use their adjustable butt on this or get the MBA3 if you can do just over 12”.
Looked at the KRG Atom too.
Liked the paddle mag release better and the MDT I got was in stock…. Better than 16-20 week wait. 😁

Due to tendon damage, I shoot with the middle pad of my index finger so I need to get my hand as far forward as possible to get the middle pad on the trigger shoe. The Vert 3 grip has a small space between the trigger guard and grip, someone with thick fingers probably couldn’t fit their fingers in that gap.
With the swept 2 grip I can’t get my hand forward far enough.

Reactions: powdahound76