• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

length of the 7mm Barnes match burner 171 grain

Helmet

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2012
Central California
If anyone has any of the new 7mm Barnes match burner 171 grain bullets can you measure a few and tell me the lengths?
I will never understand why most bullet makers can't share this information
eek.gif
. They act like they don't know how long their own bullets are. I think only Berger and Nosler have figured out that some of their customers use math. Berger is definitely the best for sharing this kind of information about their bullets
cool.gif

Re: length of the 7mm Barnes match burner 171 grain

I emailed Barnes about their 6mm & 7mm Match Burner lengths. Here is their response:

The 6mm 68 gr. MB is .842" and the 105 gr. is 1.199", the 7mm 171 gr. MB is 1.416" long. I am requesting we put the lengths of the bullets on our site.

Re: length of the 7mm Barnes match burner 171 grain

Has anybody shot the Barnes 171's with good results? The length is shorter than the Berger 168 and yet Barnes claims a higher BC. Would like some more info on the 171 if anyone has it.