• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Lengthen a CZ rimfire bolt handle?

TresMon

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2007
NW USA
Anybody worked on a CZ rimfire bolt handle?
Is the metal good? Porosity?

Thanks!
TM

For which series of rifle? I've did several 455's before they changed casting type to the hollow ball handle. Once they did that then I quit converting them as TIG welding in new material to be machined made it time/cost prohibitive. Last I knew Polished knob had the same issue with current handles as I did. Anarchy Outdoors has probably the best aftermarket solution atm.

On porosity, every single handle I did had at least one casting void, but nothing ever so bad that I felt the integrity of the handle was in jeopardy.

Machined stem with worst void I ran across, still have this on my personal 455 rifle without problems today. Revised cutting geometry for a smoother transition on later projects.

Converted 455 handle/knob combo vs new style CZ casting with hole in ball section

Too bad CZ went that route, I enjoyed converting these. Did it for $65 with custom knob on a core supplied basis, $95 with out core. finished in cerakote graphite black. Think I have one left somewhere, lol. Some work holding set-ups:

Reactions: TresMon