• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Lens question

99HMC4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2008
I was wondering why we dont see any lens filters on scope? I have an uncle and a brother who are both professional photographers and have many, many lens filters. I was aking what they do and why they need them and it all makes sense. So why not any in use on high end scopes? Seem like they could be useful, Ive seen some Leupolds but thats about it....

Re: Lens question

We have been making and using them for years, however there are some set backs.

The main thing is that you have to have a VERY flat and parallel polished piece of glass or the resolution will go to hell.

Add in a X.XXX thick piece of glass will throw off the settings on your parallax settings.

Thinner piece of glass, harder to polish flat and parallel......you can see where I'm going with this.
John III

Re: Lens question

Thats what I was thinking but at the same time the lenses they use cost as much as some high end S&B and USO scopes, so I figure optically it can be done...