• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leopold Mark4 Battlefield Upgrades (M5 Turrets)

Merc8541

Lead Sling’r
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2011
OR, USA
Coming Fall 2011. Just got off the phone with a tech rep. We talked about the MK4 Battlefield upgrades and they claim to not be set-up just yet but to call them back mid-fall and they would be able to help me out with retro fitting and old Mk4 with new M5 turrets. The wait begins
cool.gif

Re: Leopold Mark4 Battlefield Upgrades (M5 Turrets)

Awesome! Did they say what it would cost?

The one I JUST took out of my fed ex box sure is NICE!!!!!!!!

Thats good news! I'm glad they're doing that

Will it be possible to upgrade the fixed power Mk4 scopes to M5 turrets?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TorF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will it be possible to upgrade the fixed power Mk4 scopes to M5 turrets? </div></div>

It is my understanding that any Mark 4 scope with M1 turrets can be upgraded.

I hope this latest timeline is accurate. When I called earlier this year, the prediction was May/June of 2011.

I have a MK4 that has the M4 knobs that I'd really like to switch out to the M5's....

Right now the ONLY second focal plane retro is the 3.5x10 AND it HAS to have the side focus. Not 100% sure but I think they can do the other fixed power 10x's also. This was by request of uncle sam (since so many M110 SASS wears them). The plan on doing the rest of the second focal plane scopes on down the road. One thing I can also add is VERY FEW people are in the actual know at leupold and reports vary wildly at best. One thing we can do as customers to make sure they make retros for the rest is to call and keep hounding them to make em! I will have mine mounted and shoot it some this weekend so I will give you all a heads up from the field but for now it looks and feels VERY nice! It has 5 mils per rev with 23 mils of elevation (roughly)

Yes, I think it was mostly driving by Military needs but it is reflected in the new 2011 Tactical Catalog page #8. Take a look yourself! Prices were not discussed by it should be similar to any of there other custom or replacement turrets. 2011 Leupold Tactical Catalog

nice, thanks for the information...I guess they will be getting money from me.