• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LEP Flashlights for night long range shooting?

Adlerkopf

Private
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2019
Hi!

I've been looking at LEP flashlights for a while, and they appear to be a good option to allow for long(ish) range shooting at night, for a fraction of the cost of night vision.
Of course I'm talking about range shooting, not anything tactical.
Has anyone here tried one of those? Some of these lights are supposed to reach up to 1000 yds. Of course thouse numbers are always exaggerated, but if they can actually reach 500-700yds, that's more than enough for some good practice.
Here's a video comparing several models at 770 meters:

No, I have not. But I have shot at night with flashlights on the target and didn't need anything at all like those. Just a cheap 99 cent Harbor Freight LED flashlight (or similar) placed on the ground in front of the target and propped up to shine on it. No problem at 1000 yards, and could have worked much farther I'm sure, because the target is being illuminated from a few feet away regardless of how far you're shooting from. The cheapest flashlight that provides good illumination is a good choice because it is expendable, in case it gets hit with bullet fragments (although we never killed ours).

Reactions: Adlerkopf
A giggle on my part, totally off subject. The header shorthand from the main forum page is "LED flashlights for nig"

That's good for at least a click.

Yeah, I am being immature.

A giggle on my part, totally off subject. The header shorthand from the main forum page is "LED flashlights for nig"

That's good for at least a click.

Yeah, I am being immature.
What are the tax payers providing them now??

There are several lights that are scope mounted or on rails for night calling coyotes that literally will turn night into high noon at 500 yds. Snipelight is one I've seen used and seen kills at 400 yds + at night with them.

There are several lights that are scope mounted or on rails for night calling coyotes that literally will turn night into high noon at 500 yds. Snipelight is one I've seen used and seen kills at 400 yds + at night with them.
Thanks, I'm going to take a look at those.

No, I have not. But I have shot at night with flashlights on the target and didn't need anything at all like those. Just a cheap 99 cent Harbor Freight LED flashlight (or similar) placed on the ground in front of the target and propped up to shine on it. No problem at 1000 yards, and could have worked much farther I'm sure, because the target is being illuminated from a few feet away regardless of how far you're shooting from. The cheapest flashlight that provides good illumination is a good choice because it is expendable, in case it gets hit with bullet fragments (although we never killed ours).
That's definitely a good option for some ranges with easy access to the farthest targets.
But the ones I have near are all on rough terrain so it's not really feasible to walk to the targets and back. Having the ability to light the target from the shooting line is what I'm looking for.

Reactions: vh20
Hi!

I've been looking at LEP flashlights for a while, and they appear to be a good option to allow for long(ish) range shooting at night, for a fraction of the cost of night vision.
Of course I'm talking about range shooting, not anything tactical.
Has anyone here tried one of those? Some of these lights are supposed to reach up to 1000 yds. Of course thouse numbers are always exaggerated, but if they can actually reach 500-700yds, that's more than enough for some good practice.
Here's a video comparing several models at 770 meters:

049szfa.jpg

giO5NCD.jpg

Dragon in clouds ^, tip of that mountain is 1100m away. I've read people seeing things at a mile with it and it wouldn't surprise me. Thing is a legit laser beam. I think they actually rate it for up to 2.6km but that's probably the most ideal conditions possible. But it definitely hits 1100 yards.

LH3 is more of a 600-800m light depending on conditions, light pollution, etc. It's very cool for a normal sized handheld. Might not be enough to really illuminate targets at 600-700ish. Beam divergence is much greater than the W4.

Reactions: Adlerkopf
049szfa.jpg

giO5NCD.jpg

Dragon in clouds ^, tip of that mountain is 1100m away. I've read people seeing things at a mile with it and it wouldn't surprise me. Thing is a legit laser beam. I think they actually rate it for up to 2.6km but that's probably the most ideal conditions possible. But it definitely hits 1100 yards.

LH3 is more of a 600-800m light depending on conditions, light pollution, etc. It's very cool for a normal sized handheld. Might not be enough to really illuminate targets at 600-700ish. Beam divergence is much greater than the W4.
Nice! So at least the power and reach is there. I guess wether it's actually possible to see the target clearly enough is going to depend on environmental factors. But I'm convinced enough to give it a try.
Thanks for your answers!

Reactions: Clayman
Has anyone used the w5 pro? I just stumbled upon "LEP" lights a couple hours ago while looking at the nitecore p35i. Watched a YouTube video of a guy comparing the weltool w4 and w5, and he said the weltool lep's are some of the best he's used on the market.