• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Les Baer AR rifles (.223 flavor )

HeavyAssault

Dog-Face One-Horse Pony-Soldier (AVN RGT)
Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2011
    Florida
    Anyone here with some decent info about the Les Baer ARs from around 2010 timeframe?? I stumbled across one at the LGS today. Thing was solid as a rock, didn't seem loose in any way possible. Damn thing was heavy but what I'd expect out of a bull barrel rifle. 20" barrel, not sure on twist rate, had a NF scope, looked like a aftermarket charging handle and MagPul stock from what I could find over the internet. For the $$$$ they were asking it might sit there, but a LB groupie might pay up.

With a guaranteed 1/2" M.O.A. and a price well below the $3000-plus you might expect to pay for such an extraordinary piece of equipment, the Les Baer Super Varmint model is almost sure to change the whole AR market

just standard online stuff -

Hope you weren't eyeing this one? (someone bought it)

Damn shame they quit making them. Thanks for the info Heavy... I've always wanted one.
    you have a name on that LGS? :rolleyes:

I've always heard that they are tack drivers. Very dated by the time they stopped production, but I guess prairie dogs and paper don't care about that.

Super tack drivers from some of my findings. I think one guy actually had to call LB over his test target he received. 6 shots...only one hole. LOL

I did give LB a call, I shared the SN. The lady was super nice, actually had to dig up the info on another computer. It's a Les Baer Custom Ultimate AR .223 Super Match. So it's got the big looking ol' quad rail front with short bit of barrel out the front.

Damn shame they quit making them. Thanks for the info Heavy... I've always wanted one.
    you have a name on that LGS? :rolleyes:

It depends on your range from the Commonwealth of VA. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: babyguppy
    I bought a Les Baer 308 Super Match Sniper. I had to but it became the 3 digit serial number was my birthday.LOL Target that came with it was 1 small hole barely larger than a 308 hole. I've never been able to match that but 0.5 moa 5 shot 100 yard groups I've shot fairly often. Usual groups run around 0.75 moa.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
    The test targets were not shot at 100yds so you can't use that as a standard. I know several people that work there.

Reactions: jnr2233
    I have a Les Baer super varmint in 264 LBC (same as 6.5 Grendel with exception of chamber throat). It is my “fun gun.” Quarter MOA but not the one hole shooter that the sample target shows.

I have a few Les Baer AR rifles. Both unfired by me. One came complete for Les himself (he test fired it) and they other Les sent me the parts that he picked out himself for a work rifle for me and with a specific twist of barrel I wanted and specific barrel profile steel.

Would probably consider getting a varmint version if I found one at a reasonable price.

I have owned two LBC AR15’s. The first was a super varmint and it was the most accurate rifle I have ever shot. Sub 1/2 MOA all day, every day with Federal 69gr HPBT. It was heavy! So, I bought a Thunder Ranch (M4 style). It was capable of 1/2” groups at 100 yards. But, not as effortlessly as the Super Varmint. The upper & lowers were really tight!

I can guarantee that my chrome-lined, NATO chambered Colt AR-15 is “capable of 1/2” groups at 100 yards” using shitty steel-cased Wolf bi-metal jacketed ammunition.

wolf_3_shot_group_at_100_yards_02-2643588.jpg

wolf_bimetal_bullet_jacket_sectioned_01-2643612.jpg

….

• Wow
    Reactions: rpoL98