• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Les Baer IPSC Action Model

ESSAYONS

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2010
Dallas, Texas
I am thinking about buying one of these for 100yd to 600yd steel/paper shooting....anybody out there own one-if so how has it worked for you?

Re: Les Baer IPSC Action Model

buy it with factory ammo they will shoot 2 5 shot groups back to back in the 2's and 3's. I have two and am in awe every time I shoot them....for sh1ts and giggles last week we put 5 shots inside a quarter at 250 yards....i mean inside the quarter. the quarter was being held up inside a vice (lower edge) and my les baer 1:9 twist using 69 grain made a 5 shot ragged hole inside the 1982 washington quarter.
alot of people poo-poo lb rifles....if they owned one it would be a different story. buy it you will grab it more then any other rifle in your safe when going long range shooting, or plinking or hunting

Re: Les Baer IPSC Action Model

Thanks. The Les Baer rifles are really traditional AR looking rifles and do not have the fancy rails and stocks....but that is all cosmetic as they seem to be well known shooters. My gun smith was explaining to me that a longer barrel (24'') vs. the 20'' barrel that is standard on the IPSC model will not enhance accuracy, but only velocity of the bullet. That is contrary to my belief as I thought longer teh barrel-the more accuracy. His explanation was that the 20'' barrel would be stiffer than a 24". Do you have the 20'' barrel?

Hi,
sorry to bring up this old thread, but I have an LB IPSC Action AR and I am having a heck of a time shooting anything but top grade match ammo. Anything but High end match ammo won't cycle and the gun will short stroke. Did you have an issue using 55gr plinking stuff? I do have to say whatever I throw through this gun it is amazing how accurate.

thx

It is no doubt tightly chambered. Not the bang bang crap ammo shooter. Any mil spec or quality factory ammo or good RL will be fine. I have had about a dozen LB AR's and never had a failure to feed. But I shoot only good ammo. Why shoot junk through a precision rifle?

if I had a quarter with a five shot group shot at 250yd, it would be on a gold chain around my neck.

if I had a quarter with a five shot group shot at 250yd, it would be on a gold chain around my neck.

Its ironic that the only thing you and the rest of the world agree upon is that you would benefit from a tight five shot group between your collar bones :)

My les baer shoots great always under 1/4 moa this was a group from last week
F0CC8681-4C43-42D4-A7EB-8546D5753A04-467-0000010E05CB1A6D_zps7d3c3467.jpg