• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Les Baer match AR?

exoto1225

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2018
Hi guys,

I'm trying to build/buy an SPR AR15 for 300+ yard target shooting. I'm thinking of Les Baer because they claim their AR match rifles are guaranteed to shoot 0.5 MOA at 100 yards with 2x5-shot groups. I also find several of their target papers online- typically it's a one-hole group for the small 22 cal bullet, which is seriously impressive to me.

Does anyone here have any experience with Les Baer match rifle? Les Baer also seems to offer made-to-order upper assemblies for 1200 bucks. Is it worth the waiting (anyone know how long?) and money? need opinions here, thank you!

I'm pretty sure Les Baer has stopped selling ARs...

FYI, 223 rem is the caliber to go. would prefer a 20-inch stainless steel barrel in H-BAR profile or heavier. looking for suggestions for the build. thanks

bil a while back had a les baer .223 with a short fat barrel that was a total tackdriver.

White oak armament.

I've yet to see anything else shoot better.