• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lessons learned from the Clinton Era ban❓🤨

D̷e̷v̷i̷l̷D̷o̷c̷A̷Z̷

Banned x2 🤪
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2014
Yuma, AZ
Curious what lessons were learned from the previous AWB.

Like many I wasn’t old enough to participate and my parents were stingy and didn’t bless me w a MG at birth.

As I watch the future unfold I’m concerned for another and this time I don’t expect a sunset.

I’ve learned some good lessons over the last 10 years, mostly due to my own lack of preparedness.

With all the uncertainty I’d like to lean on the more experienced people and limit my mistakes moving forward.

I’m curious what’s the “awe crap I need this and now I can’t find it” you came across in the last AWB.

I take it they learned if they push hard enough they can use the law to remove your and my rights without much of a grumble from the masses .they also learned they could totally use your kids to move there agendas further along

Last edited:

Like many I wasn’t old enough to participate and my parents were stingy and didn’t bless me w a MG at birth.

As I watch the future unfold I’m concerned for another and this time I don’t expect a sunset.

I’ve learned some good lessons over the last 10 years, mostly due to my own lack of preparedness.

With all the uncertainty I’d like to lean on the more experienced people and limit my mistakes moving forward.

I’m curious what’s the “awe crap I need this and now I can’t find it” you came across in the last AWB.
Parts for EVERYTHING. I can replace the small parts, in all weapons, 2+ times.

Ammo.

Did you really need a bayo lug anyway? 🤭🤭

Outright Sweeping ban will not work.
Always same agenda ... disarm population, erode personal liberties, gain more control and special interest support to stay in power
They're in it for the long haul ... death by 1000 cuts.
Never let a crisis go to waste. capitalize on opportunities
Deception, distraction and media control
General population consists of 80+% sheep... regardless of political affiliation.
Getting bolder every day

Parts for EVERYTHING. I can replace the small parts, in all weapons, 2+ times.

Ammo.

Did you really need a bayo lug anyway? 🤭🤭

Or......

Buy this thing and learn how to use it.
1687952544532.png

You guys spend more on one scope then this thing costs. That some steel and you can make any small part you wish. No I don't have one yet, currently saving my pennies. But it is in my future. I always wanted to learn this stuff.

Well you are thinking what good will that do if you don't have electricity. Good point, you don't think I am doing this kind of thing to "save the planet" do you.

I decided to put this in its own thread.....look for my solar thread.

Or......

View attachment 8171681

You guys spend more on one scope then this thing costs. That some steel and you can make any small part you wish. No I don't have one yet, currently saving my pennies. But it is in my future. I always wanted to learn this stuff.

Well you are thinking what good will that do if you don't have electricity. Good point, you don't think I am doing this kind of thing to "save the planet" do you.

Dont buy that turd. I have a similar one and its junk

One lesson learned was that there were enough RINOs to go along with that ban. They hid behind the cover of "It's only for 10 years then it will sunset. Then we can go back to normal."

The lesson learned for the democrats and the anti-gun RINOs is that they should have never allowed for the 10 year sunset. They won't let that happen again.

only lessons learned were really by the anti-gunners. if you look, the AWB was nothing but banning some features of a rifle. They wont make that mistake again. they also wont make the mistake of having it sunset.

all anti-gunners see the last AWB as a half measure. next time they come, they are coming for everything. Dont let them have it.

Mass shootings increased after the AWB.
Banning things can never and will never work, if a demand is there, a supply will be found.
Prohibition gave rise to the Mob

The 'war on drugs' have given rise to more powerful cartels

Imagine what a 'war on 'assault weapons'' will bring if that goes thru. Bad times ahead if there's another 'assault weapons' ban

M

ALL Democrats are fucking lying scum.

ALL people who vote for Democrats are piles of shit.

Anyone who supports disarming people who legally own guns in the hope it will stop crime is an absolute fucking idiot.

ALL anti-hunting groups are populated with the dumbest fucking people on earth.

Anyone who thinks persecuting law abiding people changes the behavior of a criminal is about as smart as shit-stained underwear.

NEVER vote for Democrats........................EVER.

Anyone who says they voted for a Democrat since 1994 is a piece of shit, closet communist or spends their afternoons waiting by a gloryhole in a truck stop bathroom.

What I learned from the last Ban was that it didn't work to the point they let it sundown and disappear. Whatever they thought they'd gain by depriving citizens of their 2A Rights didn't happen. It didn't work then - it won't work now.

VooDoo

The GOV does not care about inalienable rights as politicians view them to be fluid and malleable.

It is all about control and not about safety.

Be as self sufficient as possible - guns, gun parts, ammo, reloading supplies, food, water, medications,.....Stock up on what makes sense

The cops are not your friends and are not here to help

Keep your mouth shut and keep your eyes open

Plan, plan, plan

Do not be afraid of what might happen, dictate what will happen to you and yours

Know who to ask for help and who to help

Buy whatever you see on the shelf if you want it and can afford it. Then don’t turn around and sell it. I had a MAK90 I never should have gotten rid of. Also knew a guy who had a street sweeper before they were illegal and he traded it for something dumb because he thought I can always get another one later. He still kicks himself for that one.

Another example for get while you can would be all the imported stuff you can’t get anymore that used to be plentiful. A Galil from back in the day comes to mind.

Mags and ammo. Mags are relatively cheap compared to firearms so grab a dozen or so a year. I saw what happened to the price of a 30rd preban, went from like 20 bucks to 100 during the ban. I was in NY when the ban started and saw how it continued after it federally sunset. I learned. When I moved out of NY and everything was available again, I got everything on the list the last few years.

Now that there is an AWB and mag limit push, all my friends are panicked trying to get things. I saw this coming back in 2016 and I tried to warn them to get things now but no one was worried with trump in office. I knew better.

Get everything on your list before the government says you can’t have it.

Why?

I am at least a year away from a decision, but trying to learn all I can. A little tight on space so getting something that can do both jobs seems like a good idea. I will also not need it any larger then this.

I do understand your argument

My opinion, be that what it is, is that "traditional" marriage and the nuclear family, along with the erosion of morality and the general demise of the US society as a whole ended when the need for a 2 earner household became the norm and the government began indoctrinating the youth in earnest.

I bought one 22 years ago. It is slow to use for changing speeds and threads but it does good work. Just have to understand what it's limitations are. Built two rifles starting with raw receivers using a Grizzly. Link here on the guns and some of the fixtures I had to make. Rifle Builds

Supreme Court Bruen decision will overrule all these crazy laws, but it may take some time.

Stolen elections didn't kick anything off... but I have a feeling, perhaps this will be the straw the breaks the camels back if they do try to push this through unconstitutionally. Or, maybe not.

I learned you dont jave to follow unconstitutional laws and aldo most police dont know shit about law or guns. Its our duty to disobey

Anyone that says “ I’m a hunter and a gun owner but nobody needs…”. Is your enemy and a subhuman that deserves to be boiled alive in a barrel of their own excrement.
I have a former co-worker like that

Idiot

M

Anyone that says “ I’m a hunter and a gun owner but nobody needs…”. Is your enemy and a subhuman that deserves to be boiled alive in a barrel of their own excrement.
I have a former co-worker like that

Idiot

M
When they say something like that, chances are, they have never really hunted anything except clothing on sale in a department store.

Primers

Oh...and calling and writing your representative is useless as a cock flavored lollipop.

I just call them Butter Fudds. The most despicable Fudd of them all. There are 63 different kind of Fudds.

Reactions: 232593
Lesson learned? They will continue to try this, and will not be happy until they abolish the 2nd.

Confirmation that absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Or......

View attachment 8171681

So, I have 2 lathes. No mill, yet. Made some cans, some random shit here and there, but still very much an amateur.

My point is; even after getting a milling machine, I'm a long way away from making mag catches and trigger shoes. Ya dig?

Don’t pass on your responsibility to fight to a 3rd party, for they will be infiltrated and corrupted by people who talk and act like you in public but side with and advance the agenda of the gun grabbers. I’m looking at you, NRA.

Reactions: camocorvette
Get training! Take a class. Have you ever shot a 1000 yrds....or tried? Having a bunch of equipment and no knowledge on how to use it is troubling to say the least. Have you ever ran 200 yards as hard as you can and then try to shoot a 300 yrd target? Try it some time. Its eye opening.

We are all worried about the banning of this and that. But what happens when you are called to use said banned equipment. Whats the use of having 10,000 primers if you are not going to live long enough to get through the first 10 mags your carrying.

Sorry, just a thought.......

Hayden.

The AWB and others have taught me to never be caught with my pants down, again.

As soon as possible, buy everything you think you might want, for the rest of your life.

Reactions: 232593
So, I have 2 lathes. No mill, yet. Made some cans, some random shit here and there, but still very much an amateur.

My point is; even after getting a milling machine, I'm a long way away from making mag catches and trigger shoes. Ya dig?

I understand, but if you look at a simple part, say like a firing pin for a rimfire, and I will argue a rimfire will be pretty valuable thing in the zombie invasion, lots of food can be taken with a rimfire. You could make that with a small "scrap" of steel and a file if need be. Making things like springs and such I do understand, but my point is you could make something that will turn your old Model 60 into a single shot squirrel stew machine fairly easy.

Reactions: AMGtuned
Get training! Take a class. Have you ever shot a 1000 yrds....or tried? Having a bunch of equipment and no knowledge on how to use it is troubling to say the least. Have you ever ran 200 yards as hard as you can and then try to shoot a 300 yrd target? Try it some time. Its eye opening.

We are all worried about the banning of this and that. But what happens when you are called to use said banned equipment. Whats the use of having 10,000 primers if you are not going to live long enough to get through the first 10 mags your carrying.

Sorry, just a thought.......

Hayden.

Run 200yards, hell I am lucky if I can walk 200 yards.

I think it is going to be a great many factors, like where you are, what you have, your condition. Where I live shooting 1000 yards is a skill you will not use all that often, now 300 yards that is a no brainer. And there are people that can't imagine shooting 100 yards, people with center fire rifles that shoot a max distance of 25 yards.

I can put food on the table and never take a shot over 25 yards. If the zombies come I can fend them off my property at 500yard max ranges. Difference is between what I think "most" gun owners are is I can hit a zombie sized target at 500 yards, with open sights.

And just to be clear I am using "zombie" to be about as neutral as I can be.

glock 17 round mags were $75 and 33 round ones were $150 so make sure that doesn't happen to you for starters.
This is part of my retirement plan. I remember just a few years ago 30 round PMAGs going for $100.

I buy a case of them every month lol.

We learned that AWBs have zero impact on crime because criminals do not follow laws

We also learned that even though there was no impact on crime stats, those that want to ban guns played with stats and made up numbers to act like the ban accomplished something :D

How about we have a nationwide violent criminal ban where we actually lock up violent criminals instead of letting them back on the streets...

Reactions: MadDuner
We learned that AWBs have zero impact on crime because criminals do not follow laws

We also learned that even though there was no impact on crime stats, those that want to ban guns played with stats and made up numbers to act like the ban accomplished something :D

How about we have a nationwide violent criminal ban where we actually lock up violent criminals instead of letting them back on the streets...
Clearly you have been radicalized. 😂