• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Let’s start a coyote thread.

Tugboater

Private
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2014
Out in the brush eastern wa.
I’ve got a couple in the last few weeks. My 17 Remington is money!
5DB94DA2-2587-4180-82FC-EF9162B4ED2D.jpeg
510CA1C0-C5F6-4C23-B3FB-36746775C005.jpeg
7B0EDAE4-1B44-4DCE-BE44-D58F87D1C6B2.jpeg

227yds off one knee. Seekins 6.5 SP-10. Bushnell LRHSI. American Defense Mount. Shooting Norma Ammo. Eastover, SC. We were looking for turkeys but found this guy.

Attachments

• C092CB1B-DCAD-4130-9631-E3D97F3E53D4.jpeg
    C092CB1B-DCAD-4130-9631-E3D97F3E53D4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 272
  • 34C11E4B-D461-4A39-B255-DD540F2EE166.jpeg
    34C11E4B-D461-4A39-B255-DD540F2EE166.jpeg
    899.7 KB · Views: 277
Nice.
Please share a bit more about your rifle.
I run two .17 Remingtons for calling.
700 Classic and 700 Frankengun- blued action/LVSF barrel/B&C stock.

what magazine/bottom metal is yours?

well Jhon it’s an old Remington 700 BDL. It’s in a B@C Alaskan stock with M5 DBM. Original barrel. If I had to guess with Leupold scope it may weigh 5.5lbs.

Anyone in SoCal? I went out yesterday and got a nice 35lb female at 150yrd....called in 3 but only managed to get the one. Had the second one of the group lined up in my sights and pulled the trigger....nothing.....no bang. Bolt (AR-10) did not close after the first round. New magazine has feed lips that were too tall and stopped the bolt from cycling. Dumped the mag, re cycled the action and by then the number 3 coyote knew something was fucky and was long gone and the number 2 coyote was half way up an over the next mountain, so I wheeled around and tried to get her lined up but my shooting bi pod would not let me depress the gun enough to shoot up at that high angle. By the time I got the bipod out of the way and was hand holding the rifle...#2 coyote was out at 450yrd and I was not confident I could make a humane free hand shot at that distance.

If I had a buddy....could have easily had a double maybe even a triple.

During the walk back to the truck I rubbed the feed lips (polimer p-mag) on a rock to grind them down. The gun cycled perfectly after that!

Nice looking rifle....what’s the details on it?

Thanks it's a swift creek rifle
melonited surgeon 591 action
Proof 24 in barrel in 6.5 cm, tbac break
Tf4a elite carbon fill stock
7-35 nf atacr
Nf ultralight medium rings
Badgar embedded front rail
Jewell trigger
Atlas bipod with homemade extensions to shoot sitting

Love this rifle and it's no safe queen. It's out in the sand box in some harsh conditions quite often.

For those using the .17 Rem what Ammo are you using? I just picked one up last year and I’m excited to give it a try. It’s got an old Leupold fixed 12 power with target reticle and elevation turret.

Thanks! I’m not reloading yet. That’s good, I have some of the rem 25 grain already. I’m pumped.

Reactions: Tugboater
Beats the heck out of me... I’m 0 for 8 stands the last two days. Nothing.... I’m struggling!

I'm not even coyote hunting but seem to run into them. This morning I had one 31 yards from my truck and simply would not spook off. I shot him from inside the truck but missed. I saw the dirt splash from right under him onto it's face.

Reactions: TACC and Tugboater
Tugboater we need to start hunting together, I am not shooting prs much anymore, trying to chase down dogs now! I have a 22 creed that needs blood

Reactions: TACC
Great looking shots there.

Most of them are looking like daytime shots which is great.

Reactions: Tugboater
Rifles, watching this thread , I like wasting coyotes, if you look at both these pictures that I have posted, you will notice two different rifles. My favorite killing machine for a long time was the long barreled Remington 22-250.! Leo scope,8.5 to 20 I believe... great accuracy. I became ill with lung problems and had to lighten my load. I purchased the Tikka compact, 22-250. Leo scope, good killing machine, let’s me move around a little easier and a few hundred yards in the timber. With this short set up, I take a few extra seconds when I can to lock on to target, but, as you can tell, results are good.
Snowing in NE Mo. at this moment, hope to get out in the morning. My other coyote rifle is a Sig, .223, Hunter model, 20 inch barrel, Burris scope. I use this rifle mostly when the rut starts, it aids in a better shot on the second or third dog. I shoot a Hornady shell, factory load, I have never dumped a mag on this rifle, just a quick second shot. I like my rifles dead on at 200 here in my area,,, 300 yard shots are few in areas where I hunt. I will post pics of both my rifles in the next few days. Charlie112

Reactions: Tugboater and TACC
For those using the .17 Rem what Ammo are you using? I just picked one up last year and I’m excited to give it a try. It’s got an old Leupold fixed 12 power with target reticle and elevation turret.

If you reload your own, try a 30grn Chan Nagel bullet. They work excellent. It's a flat based bullet that turns the lights out. I'm pushing mine 3900fps. If you need chans number pm me and I can get it to you.

Reed's bullets is another one. Kindled gold's use to be great for Coyotes but he sold his dies to Montana maza if I recall out of Texas. Hes started making bullets also again off kindlers specs.

Xdeano

Reactions: Quest1000