• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Let me introduce you to.....

JBW3

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
....our new HAAS DS30 SSY. This bad boy will be able to produce our bodies now in a single operation. We used to have three different operations on two different machines. Live tooling, dual spindles, life is going to be good!
And like USO products...Made in the USA!
John III
398147506.jpg

Re: Let me introduce you to.....

Glad to see it John!!

I hope many more great years for you and the employees!

John

Whoa look at me I have millions of dollars in equipment that most guys here would like to have for a small simple task. Kinging the castle, kinging the castle.

Kidding of course. Congrats buddy. Wish you and the company the best of luck, but I doubt you'll need it.

Yeah - live tooling is awesome. Our Mazak had live tooling and we loved the thing. Combined with dual spindle = awesome.

What's the ramp up time on something like that--from un-crating, to programming, to actual production? And do you keep the old machine to free it up for other things, or sell it?

Wow! That's a good sized machine!

Awesome! Does that translate into any savings to someone buying a new USO scope?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtb33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome! Does that translate into any savings to someone buying a new USO scope?</div></div>

LOL, maybe 10 years from now when it's paid off!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: magnum_99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the ramp up time on something like that--from un-crating, to programming, to actual production? And do you keep the old machine to free it up for other things, or sell it? </div></div>

It took a few hours to deliver it and set it in place, then another day for the HAAS rep to do the initial set up, level, hook up the chip conveyer and all that good stuff. It will take us another day to set up all the tools in it (once they come in). The programming from the other HAAS will load right in, but we will have to write some new programming for the live tooling.

We will definately keep all the machines that we have now, we need them!! I hope this will allow us to free up some time on the other machines for some other projects.
John III