• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Let me see your Military Rifles!

Re: Let me see your Military Rifles!

Lancaster Consulting built AKM47

rifle2010web.jpg

Springfirld Armory M1 Garand from the CMP, Daish Navy loan

garand5003web.jpg

Me, shooting my SR-25

100_0877.jpg

Leia, with same rifle

leiassr25II.jpg

Leia, with her Garand

100_0189.jpg

CMP M1 Garand/M1A Scout
IMG_0521.jpg

Chinese SKS/Bushy 14.5" AR w/AK brake
IMG_0523.jpg

These belong to my Uncle... but he lets me play with them from time to time.

IMG_0765.jpg

Here's a couple from when I was digging around in the safe, not a great pic but you get the idea

DSC00023.jpg

From left to right

Winchester 300WSM
Mauser MK X 300WM
AR-15A1 w/ AN-PVS-2
M1A
M1D
M1 H&R Navy Award Rifle (unfired)
M1 Springfield
M1 Carbine
P-17
Springfield M2
1903A3
30-40 Krag
1911A1
S&W Victory Model

There are more but that is just what I had to move out of the way.

Cheers, Doc

I think these qualify as military rifles
wink.gif

Just in theatre:
Angel.jpg

Final moment of an annoying Billy Bassmouth...good riddens.
BillysFinalMoments.jpg

pre-night ambush
PicbeforemissionOct04.jpg

Just hoping that a haji morter/rocket team gets within range
AngelTower2.jpg

A good field of fire
MuthannaAmbush8.jpg

Cyclops.. is that Camp Muleskinner/Cuervo/Rustymia ? Looks kinda fimiliar.

What's the weird grid thing on the Nightvision scope? (on the .50)

The tower pic was Anaconda...got detailed there for a week with my Sniper Section to attempt and quell the mortars. Didn't kill shit because they insisted on keeping us in the towers and on the wrong side of the base. We argued but eventually we said fuck it because it was the best chow we'd had since we'd been in country and we didn't have to worry about being IED'd on insertion or extraction.
cool.gif
We aslo figured out what towers were manned by the AF hotties and gave them our highest priority.
wink.gif
Most of the other pics were taken on what was then FOB O'Ryan, it's been handed over to the hajis since.

The fins are cooling fins, the optic is an AN/PAS-13 thermal sight. worked beter than the POS PVS-10 and we hadn't received PVS-22's yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the weird grid thing on the Nightvision scope? (on the .50)</div></div>
Thermal sight.

Here is a pic I took of a buddy through one of ours:
Thermal1.jpg

i don't have many rifles that i would consider "military", but i do have a few.

0106-251170.jpg

(yes, i know, i ripped the foam putting it on. oops. )

0106-25356.jpg

0106-25097.jpg

0106-25027.jpg

0106-25014.jpg

Hi:
Here is my Mosin Nagant collection and my gas gun collection.

1.Sako thats been chopped to 22"
2.M-38 My newest rifle to my collection
3.Remington chopped to 24"
4.M-27 Finnish Tikka
5.M-39 Finnish Sako
6.M-39 Finnish Vkt
7.M-39 Finnish Sako
8.91/30 Russian beater rifle found at yard sale $35.00 I love
SW Oregon:)
9.Not a Mosin a Polish M48 trainer in 22 rimfire 24" barrel
10.M-44 Stock project with M-27 Action that action in # 3
stock was my very first Mosin 1996 at the Cow Palace in SF
11.Remington 91/30

Semi Auto

1.Eagle Arms A-2 .223
2.Armalite M-4 .223
3.Armalite Ar-10 308
4.L1A1 308

I like my rifles.Mosins are great rifles cheap ammo and cheap
rifles:)The semi autos are a lot more fun to shoot my girl friend loads my mags:)
MosinN.jpg

GasGuns.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bmbrzmn101</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a pic of a few of my babies.
grin.gif

100_1161.jpg

100_1160.jpg
</div></div>

hey...how bout you sell me the Mac and a Garand, pleeeeeeease???

Skunk I am humbled to no end. I would love to see more of the 03-a1 w/the Unertl scope on it. I have wanted on for the longest but it is out of my range right now, and the wife is still angry at me for the water-cooled BMG Iam building, then I brought home a USMC trade in stock and remington receiver for a M40A1 build. I just don't think she would understand
grin.gif
. Very nice collection. Chris

Dammit Skunk!
whistle.gif

That's one heck of a Garand & Springfield collection. I'm green with envy. And yes, they are just like potato chips.

Skunk,
I'll have to post a pic of my pre-war (Feb 1941) SA Garand when I get home. Been in the OC this week and was at the shop this morning and had a nice talk with John & Arnold. BTW, got a line on other Garands for sale?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys... I'll try to get some more pics of the M1941 up soon. </div></div>

Would that be a 41 Johnson? That's one of 3 I need to finish my collection. Nice group of 03's and M1's.

Cheers, Doc

Bummer
frown.gif

Nothing wrong with your 41 though
smile.gif
Is that an original Remmington or a USMC convert or ?????

Cheers, Doc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As far as I can tell, it's a real USMC Springfield. Has all the characteristics and is a 149XXXX serial.

Dan Ross is an expert on them and from what he can tell, it's real. Who knows though, there really isn't a way to document them. </div></div>

How can one tell if its a Marine Springfield.

Thanks I was wondering how they were told apart. Doesn't Springfield put out books on just the Garand's and 03's so people can tell them apart or do you just have to do your homework?

VERY, very nice!!!!! Well done.

So let me ask you, how long did it take for you to get a Mil Dot reticle in to that scope
laugh.gif
LOL

Cheers, Doc

CavTrooper where did your uncle get the anpvs10? I've been looking for one of those for quite some time!

Here are a few of mine...some I still own...some were sold off...

DSC00280.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

IMAG0001-1.jpg

Picture001.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0002.jpg

DSC00198.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

The military rifle collection here is most impressive. I think back to what I used to have and I just have to kick myself in the butt. I had a near mint condition US Navy marked Smith Corona 03A3 that I got from my neighbor for $200 when I was a kid...ugh. There were others as well.

These are the only "military" rifles I have left now, besides the M40a1 I'm building right now. Sorry for the crappy pics. My camera-fu is not up to speed:

1) Pre-war (Feb 1941) SA M1 Garand that is all SA except for the NM op-rod and sights, and the Danish VAR barrel (1.5 on breach & muzzle). It's a real tack driver with 168gr FGMM. I LOVE this Garand!

2) An unmolested 1982-83 vintage SA National Match that is all GI, has all the correct NM parts and slim stock. This is also another great shooter as well.

3) A recently purchased Bushy M-forgery flat-top with the full 16" barrel & birdcage flash hider. Thought I'd take advantage of the 1.5" of extra barrel and able to put a can on it without the SBR tax stamp. Nice little bone-stock carbine. In time, it'll see upgrades, optics, and a few different upprs.

PA200127.JPG

PA200130.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chucky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks I was wondering how they were told apart. Doesn't Springfield put out books on just the Garand's and 03's so people can tell them apart or do you just have to do your homework? </div></div>

Hatcher's NoteBook, & The Bookd of the Garand, Both by MG J Hatcher.