• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Let's get organized

Alex126

Lance for life
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2014
NC
I'm primarily active on M4C these days, but this needs to be everywhere.

We need to organize. The left succeeds because they get their message out to the masses, many of whom don't know any better and accept their bullshit as fact.

Contact your local news media and offer to give a pro-2A interview. If they accept, dress professionally, be empathetic, cite empirical data and control the narrative. Don't come across as the typical militia nutjob the news tends to find.

Use your local gun stores to organize meetups, marches (if necessary), and most importantly bring more people into the fold.

Use social media to spread our message as best you can, though this is difficult with the leftist bent of Facebook and Twitter.

As we've just seen in Florida, simply contacting your elected officials is no longer enough. Get out there and do something.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
I applaud your post . I know that the majority of gun owners and c9nservatives work . We don't have time to protest , attend rallies etc.. We need to change that . Set aside two or three vacation days to use for pro IIA rallies . We really need to get off of our asses . Jerry I challenge you and those that post in the manner you did .
We are charged as citizens of The United States to be a part of the process .
It seems that bitching and protesting is the new medium for conveying the citizens wants . Even the argument that all of this is agenda driven ( which I believe ) is not solid . Exhaust your options , don't surrender anything . If things go badly you will have done everything possible to right this without violence .

Reactions: SilentStalkr
I applaud your post . I know that the majority of gun owners and c9nservatives work . We don't have time to protest , attend rallies etc.. We need to change that . Set aside two or three vacation days to use for pro IIA rallies . We really need to get off of our asses . Jerry I challenge you and those that post in the manner you did .
We are charged as citizens of The United States to be a part of the process .
It seems that bitching and protesting is the new medium for conveying the citizens wants . Even the argument that all of this is agenda driven ( which I believe ) is not solid . Exhaust your options , don't surrender anything . If things go badly you will have done everything possible to right this without violence .

Thats why most of us pay an organization that does it for us. They offer these things to the media, the media does not want them. They are pushing a narrative and they are pushing an agenda. They have no plans of letting half the American populations voice be heard. Anything you say will be minimized with "despite the shootings in Las Vegas Parkland and Sandyhook." If they use it at all.

Personally I don't give a flying fuck to talk to the news media. I will send my thoughts directly to my reps. I suggest you join GOA or the NRA, and do the same. 2 or 3 times a day. I assure every lefty is filling their inboxes with more than one letter per.

Also, does anyone have any direct contacts at the NRA that you are close with? I have some campaign ideas of sorts that I’d like to run across to someone. I wouldn’t even mind helping in their creation. The problem will be getting them seen/heard. If the media won’t run them. Think about it, most of our outlets are already seen by gun people. Gun people watch TV shows about guns, read books and mags about them etc. we don’t need to sway our own group. We need to reach the other side. Without some form of media outlet we can do that on we won’t ever be effective at swaying anyone but the left will be. Keep in mind I’m using the left as a generalization. Not everyone on the left is against guns. But you all get my point.

Thats why most of us pay an organization that does it for us. They offer these things to the media, the media does not want them. They are pushing a narrative and they are pushing an agenda. They have no plans of letting half the American populations voice be heard. Anything you say will be minimized with "despite the shootings in Las Vegas Parkland and Sandyhook." If they use it at all.

Personally I don't give a flying fuck to talk to the news media. I will send my thoughts directly to my reps. I suggest you join GOA or the NRA, and do the same. 2 or 3 times a day. I assure every lefty is filling their inboxes with more than one letter per.

The deal is, writing your reps and paying the NRA clearly isn’t working. We have to find other means even if it means creating our own form of media. Again tho, we have to figure out how to turn more people on the other side. That’s hard to do considering the lefty’s have been planning this for decades and have control of the media, the education system and so on. We have to figure out a way to be a formidable opponent and show a sign of numbers/force. We have to figure this out or your rights will start being eroded at an ever increasing pace. I give it 5-10 years max.

The deal is, writing your reps and paying the NRA clearly isn’t working. We have to find other means even if it means creating our own form of media. Again tho, we have to figure out how to turn more people on the other side. That’s hard to do considering the lefty’s have been planning this for decades and have control of the media, the education system and so on. We have to figure out a way to be a formidable opponent and show a sign of numbers/force. We have to figure this out or your rights will start being eroded at an ever increasing pace. I give it 5-10 years max.

How do you figure it doest work? It held the line when Obama was in office. Has anything been passed by my reps lately? No. Has anything been passed at the national level? No. We have a new rule suggestion that must go through committees, then will undoubtedly be challenged in court. If it gets through the committees.

Why do I figure it hasn’t worked? One, because we are constantly on the defensive, 24/7 365 days a year. Two, we haven’t made any headway loosening restrictions that are already there. Three, laws are still getting passed and have been passed in the last 5-10 years on a state level which means you are losing. In the broad scheme of things, I certainly don’t see any winning. Nothing was going to happen under Obama anyways. I am really surprised Obamacare passed and the only reason it did was due to backroom deals and pushover people in our gov. Either way, we certainly aren’t winning and shouldn’t let up until we are at least no longer on the defensive. If things continue the way they are I’d seriously be shocked if the 2A exists like it does currently within the next 5-10 years.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
A lot happened during obama and most of it was positive, despite the fact that he's an anti gun communist.

Edit: Re guns. The rest under obama was pure commie bullshit.

Why do I figure it hasn’t worked? One, because we are constantly on the defensive, 24/7 365 days a year. Two, we haven’t made any headway loosening restrictions that are already there. Three, laws are still getting passed and have been passed in the last 5-10 years on a state level which means you are losing. In the broad scheme of things, I certainly don’t see any winning. Nothing was going to happen under Obama anyways. I am really surprised Obamacare passed and the only reason it did was due to backroom deals and pushover people in our gov. Either way, we certainly aren’t winning and shouldn’t let up until we are at least no longer on the defensive. If things continue the way they are I’d seriously be shocked if the 2A exists like it does currently within the next 5-10 years.

They will never give up, we will be defending the constitution as long as it stands. Our founding fathers warned us. I think some of you guys need to understand party politics. I want silencers and machine guns deregulated too, but you are not going to find overwhelming support or help. Most people don't even know they are legal. Its kind of like the threads you see pop up here, Remington 700, DEAD. Well, no its not. Just because the majority of PRS shooters don't use them anymore doest mean shit. They are outnumbered 10k to 1 by people why buy what they grew up with.

How did it work out for Rubio and the NRA to go down to their "town hall" meeting? A scripted ambush is what it looked like.

Getting law off the books! Good fucking luck! "Excuse me, hang man, could you loosen the noose a little." "Um fuck no!"

You aren't changing a hardcore leftist into a gun supporter. Is their blitz turning you into a gun control advocate? I doubt it because I bet your beliefs are set too.

this is the equivilant of sitting at the kitchen table listening to the family bitching at each other, stupid,,,

i dont understand the debate shit, why?

dont argue, tell them the way it is, dont fold...

people these days talk to much

Well, what’s the suggestion then? Keep feeding the nra money and hope for the best?

Yes for a start. I already gave my other suggestions, scroll back up. Add them to whatever else you want to do. Not trying to say don't do it, but the NRA and GOA can do a lot more politically than you.

The NRA and GOA make money every time an anti-gun law is proposed. They openly endorsed a ban on bump stocks. They are an ally, to be sure, but placing all of our faith in two lobbying organizations has been a losing strategy for decades.

No, we will never sway those who seek to disarm us. But we can sway the majority of people who are somewhere in the middle. That's what matters.

If you have Facebook, go give my new page a like and invite your friends to do the same.

https://www.facebook.com/WNC-2nd-Amendment-Coalition-800174653512791/

Reactions: SilentStalkr