• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Let's see and learn about your Steel Challenge 22rf Rifles

6.5SH

Two Star General
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2020
Didn't see a thread on Steel Challenge rifles. Post up what you are using and info such as zero distance, ammo, optics and any tips or tricks.

Given their stance on braced pistols I will end up making a rifle and using a CMMG kit and a Primary Arms 1x prism optic I have.

Here are the specs on my Rimfire Steel Challange rifle:
- KIDD Supergrade Barreled Action (Single stage KIDD trigger set at 1.5Lbs)
- KIDD Tactical Chassis
- C-More RTS2R w/Mount
- Phase 5 Universal Mini Stock
- Phase 5 A2 Extention Tube
- Phase 5 Buffer Tube Foam Pad
- Bravo Company Gunfighter Pistol Grip
- Bravo Company Gunfighter KAG Hand Stop

Zero distance is 18 yards and ammo is CCI Mini Mags. No real tips or tricks, if you want to be fast, shoot a lot.

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    436 KB · Views: 66
Kidd ULW classic slip fit, single stage trigger, Boyd's Barracuda stock, Holosun 507C. Pistol is a Ruger Mark4 Lite (not a 22/45, and it came from the factory with these upper and lowers); Volquartsen internals and grips, Holosun 507C on a Lobos mount.
1685381920926.jpeg

I’m shooting a sig MPX in PCCO
C-more with a 8 moa dot.
Atlanta arms 115gr steel challenge loads.

M&P 15/22 in RFRO
C-more with a 8 moa dot.
Hiper fire trigger
CCI 40gr. Mini-Mags

The M&P is a easy and cheap way to get started in steel challenge. PSA often run sales on them with mags and a bag. Throw a red dot on and your off to the races😁
C24964CA-11A0-4A6E-AE9A-F26F8048DF78.jpeg

Reactions: 6.5SH
I saw a couple of Steel Challenge rifles that looked radically different and really lightweight. I decided to put one together. It came out pretty good and shoots very well. A tad over 4lbs.

Wiland USA Composite Chassis (rear receiver pin is threaded and comes with screws to secure rear of receiver to the chassis)
CST Centrix Receiver
KIDD Bolt
TK Spartan skeletonized charging handle
Summit Precision 16.5" CF barrel
BX Trigger with Brimstone trigger job (1.8lb. pull weight)
Holosun 510C Green Dot
Crazy Ivan oversized foam stock pad

Race Gun Receiver Angle.jpeg

My Wiland RG III.jpeg

My Wiland RG II.jpeg

JP-5 with a Taccom butt stock.
Optic is a C-more with a 8 moa dot.
It has been very reliable so far eating everything from 100gr. Steel challenge loads to 147gr. Without any hiccups.
IMG_3726.jpeg
IMG_3727.jpeg

Reactions: Pipefitter I’m