• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lets see some Muliticam and GAP camo Rifles !

STRM3

Private
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2008
Idaho
Dont have one but, this is the camo pattern I am looking at on my current build.

Whatya got?

Ken

Re: Lets see some Muliticam and GAP camo Rifles !

GAP Camo

DSC01068.jpg

Mike,

That is a great looking gun. Who did your paint?

Thanks,
Ken

LTM from GAP but George is no longer using him. George uses another guy now however who is just as good and to be honest, probably better. You can get his number either through GAP or call Manners stocks.

scan0034.jpg

heres a gap camo rifle for you. its a surgeon action .308 26" bartlein bbl. # 4 bull sporter. this 360+ b&c bull elk was taken at 447 meters with it.

action sits in a remington hunter stock. eric reid at gap put this one together. its an absolute tack driver!!

Has anyone done McMillan's "sand" pattern in GAP?

Wild Bill,

That is beautiful, I like the heavy tan coloration with your rig.

This is going to be a tough call- Still no multicam to see, someone has to have one done.

Thanks for the pic's gents and PGS, What kind of 200YD groups are you getting out of that setup?

Thanks again,
Ken

I'm in the same boat. I really like the multicam, but the gap camo just has something about it!

My take on a "Modified GAP" version of the original. Remington 700 VTR re-stocked in a 700P take-off H-S. Krylon rattle can with Aluma-Hyde II matte clear overcoat.

100_02941.jpg

pgs - Very nice picture, my favorite kind of hunting country. Good looking rifle!

mdesign,

thanks! thats northeastern montanas missouri breaks. there are some really good bull elk in there. its permit only so the odds are low. but it can be worth the wait.

the guy with the elk is a fellow government trapper also from eastern montana. i was with him that day and talked him into using my rifle. the year was 2007.

ill dig through my stuff and post a pic of the one i shot in the same area in 2004.

scan0064.jpg

mdesign,

heres the one i shot in 04. 394 4/8 B&C. took three days of packing to get him out! found this bull in july also in august and killed him opening day, october 24th.

hope im not hi-jacking this thread! sorry.

LoneWolf,

Really nice one. Seen it in the AK56 magazine. Didn't read the article yet.
Would love to have a rifle like that!

Greetings,

Bart

mcma1_3-1.jpg

McM A1-3 with GAP camo.

CHRIS

Gents,

I have some great examples of both patterns now,

who would everyone reccomend for the paint.

I have two for LTM, any other reccomendations?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: darrenk75b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd give Manners a call and see who they use. </div></div>

George (GA Precision), Tom (Manners' stocks), and US Optics all use Todd (30calsniper).

ARPredatorHunter is a solid choice as well.

Both of them are TOP notch guys that take great pride in their work, have ludicrous attention to detail, and are hella-fantastic to deal with.

PM sent, Ken

Jack

PGS, that is one of the best looking rifles I have ever seen. I am talking about the 26 inch multi cam. I may have to have GAP build me up something similar. The camo pattern is right on the money. I am am one of the few who like a 24-26 inch barrel on a 308. I have a bad back and bad shooting shoulder and the 26 inch barrel is easier on me. I even use the end of the barrel to manipulate it where as I cant as easily with my 20 inch. Getting old sucks!

Here is one more in GAP.
3580xau.jpg