• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lets see those DPMS 308s

mattsnuked

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2007
Phoenix
I finally found one and it's comming soon and need some ideas for accesories and such. Let's seem them, even with those Iron Ridge Arms lowers that went like hot cakes.

Re: Lets see those DPMS AR-10s

Bad girl .260
260600.jpg

dan-that is a really nice rifle. Is that stock, or did you have custom work done to it? How long is the barrel, and what kind of scope do you have on there?

DPMS SASS 308,"unpopular"Leupold Mk4 3.5-10x40 TMR illum,Badger Max50 rings.
dpmssassmax50.jpg

2-22-09-5014.jpg

GAP DPMS LR308, 18-inch Bartlein, Vortex, EoTech 553 for the pigs.

NF F1 slated, soon.

Thanks for looking!

DPMS built that upper as you see it. Daniel Defense quadrail, 24" barrel with a NXS 5.5-22 moa/MLR

Awesome.

NRA-Patron how do you like the JP trigger? I'm trying to figure out what trigger to get.

Also, anyone have a JP adjustable gas block? Will they even fit?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 5150Sigy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will play

DSCN0909.jpg

</div></div>
I believe this gun was for sale about five or six weeks ago? Nice rifle regardless!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 5150Sigy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will play

DSCN0909.jpg

</div></div>
I believe this gun was for sale about five or six weeks ago? Nice rifle regardless! </div></div>

it was Strangedays but it has since gone back into the safe I am going to get it re-barreled with a Rock 5R barrel here really soon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 5150Sigy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 5150Sigy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will play

DSCN0909.jpg

</div></div>
I believe this gun was for sale about five or six weeks ago? Nice rifle regardless! </div></div>

it was Strangedays but it has since gone back into the safe I am going to get it re-barreled with a Rock 5R barrel here really soon </div></div>
That will make up for a nice combo! Have you thought of sending it to GAP?

Here is my DPS I just finished up and will soon go to the range to test the 308 out for MOA accuracy....

dpms8.jpg

dpms10.jpg

dpms12.jpg

dpms3.jpg

dpms1.jpg

Damn these are all nice. What is everyone grouping? Any load data for 168gr?

strangedays, that's an awesome paint job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn these are all nice. What is everyone grouping? Any load data for 168gr?

strangedays, that's an awesome paint job. </div></div>
Thanks, Duracoat works great! I get 1/2-1/4 MOA @100 yards with mine. Thats shooting factory black hills with the 168 SMK. Its as good as any of my bolt guns!

Hey Matt,you haven't changed the title of your thread yet. The Armalite guys over at AR15.com are getting cranky. LOL
smile.gif

What's even more funny is that they are bashing this entire site for the wording I put in my title but on theirs it riddled with about the same thing.

Yes, yes, I know it's wrong.

They obviously have a lot less worries than I to be concerned with what someone posts on the internet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What's even more funny is that they are bashing this entire site for the wording I put in my title but on theirs it riddled with about the same thing.

Yes, yes, I know it's wrong.

They obviously have a lot less worries than I to be concerned with what someone posts on the internet. </div></div>

I wouldn't say "they" only one guy actually talked shit on this site and someone else put him in his place. There are 200k members over there so there are bound to be a few dickheads, I haven't been here long and I can already tell this site has its fair share also. Every forum will have a decent % of retards.

But seriously please change the title to either DPMS 308 or Panther 308 to avoid any conffusion and any further arguments.

Thanks

DPMS LR-308, McCormick drop-in trigger, Magpul PRS, SS 16X, & Burris rings.

Black Hills brass, 168g SMK, 42.5g Varget, 2610 fps

This rifle is a blast to shoot.
Getting rid of the stock trigger is a must.

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

Plate is 12"x12" square AR400 steel.
IMG_02481.jpg

Falar you are correct.

Joey I'll change it for all so that there are no more silly arguments.

DBL LUNG, very nice.

Heh nice rifles.

As an aside I'd have left the title, the Armalite guys seriously need to get their panties untwisted about the whole AR10 BS.

Maybe if their rifles were better they might not get so upset when people refer to 308 AR's as AR10's. Maybe it's that more people are talking about AR10's that AREN'T made by armalite than their precious versions. Just the fact on how so many of their owners have a friggin cow whenever someone says AR10 would keep me from buying an armalite and being lumped in with them by association.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ToddM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heh nice rifles.

As an aside I'd have left the title, the Armalite guys seriously need to get their panties untwisted about the whole AR10 BS.

Maybe if their rifles were better they might not get so upset when people refer to 308 AR's as AR10's. Maybe it's that more people are talking about AR10's that AREN'T made by armalite than their precious versions. Just the fact on how so many of their owners have a friggin cow whenever someone says AR10 would keep me from buying an armalite and being lumped in with them by association.

</div></div>

PM incoming

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ToddM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heh nice rifles.

Maybe if their rifles were better they might not get so upset when people refer to 308 AR's as AR10's. Maybe it's that more people are talking about AR10's that AREN'T made by armalite than their precious versions. Just the fact on how so many of their owners have a friggin cow whenever someone says AR10 would keep me from buying an armalite and being lumped in with them by association. </div></div>

And here we go again...

Come on guys lets just get this thing back to the 308 rifles or whatever you want to call them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cjgemm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back on track.

IMGA0210-1.jpg
</div></div>
Nice setup!

Thanks
I just started to try and stretch its legs a little.
I have been playing at 7, 8, 9, and a little 1000 yards so far.
I am learning a ton just getting out and shooting.

The gun has been a pretty consistant shooter so far.
For some reason it did not like the 175g SMK's.
So, I am sticking with the 168.

I have a YHM Phantom in route, just waiting on the paper work.
That should make it a blast to shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2cqmjww.jpg

ic7e4x.jpg

Here is mine.
</div></div>
MY BUILD
LR-308 with 3 lbs trigger job.
18" Fluted Bull Barrel (cryo accurized)
Magwell has been cut at a 45 degree angle like an AR-15 for easy and faster reload.
YHM BUIS
Trued action for flawless function.
Upgraded extractor.
Chrome Bolt
Sightron SIII 6.5-24x50 MIL DOT
Larue Mount.
ARD
Scope Dope within scope cover,
Custom made break
Ergo grip
Harris BiPod with arms mount

These are all great looking rifles. Mine is shipping today and should be here by Friday. So far I have ordered a JP trigger and am looking into some glass. Really just wanted to get a Falcon for the time being but they seem to out at all the venders until next month. I might have to go with something a little better.

FYI, I was at Scottsdale Gun Center in Az and they had something like 200 19 round mags in stock for around $50 each if someone was looking for some. I don't know if thats a good price or not.