• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Let's see those Gas Guns!

oneshot onekill

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2008
DeBary, Florida
I know there are some Kick-Ass (No offense Captain) Gas Guns out there! Just got my latest from dmg308! Shoots about 1.5-2MOA with Wolf ammo. Better than MOC (Minute of Chest)!

Armalite M15A4
ARMS S.I.R. #58
Cheap-ass Scope (Looking for an Eotech)
GG&G Flip-sights W/Trijicon
$20 Foregrip...

... Marvelous!!!

2u8xr48.jpg

Re: Let's see those Gas Guns!

Ya know... I thought I had seen a thread here askin' for pictures but wasn't able to find it in the "search" area. Sorry to re-hash but I wasn't limiting this to "AR" style rifles. Let's see the M14's, M1A's, AUG's, FN's, HK's, etc... Ya know ya got 'em!... Ya know ya love em'!!!

Here are a few of mine. Some are waiting on optics or the pics haven't been taken.

Top is a 20" POF P-308 with a NF 5.5-22x50
Second is a 16.5" POF P-308 with Trijicon ACOG
Third is an Armalite AR10T with Leupold Mark 4
Fourth pic top is DPMS LR-308 24"
Left is Barrett REC7
Right is POF P-415 Recon in 5.56
Bottom is the 16.5" POF

I'm in the process of putting together a SBR P-308 and SBR P-415. Should have pics of both when tax stamps come back and I can put them together.

3461240651_e1b38a436d_o.jpg

3510145461_3da0e50551_o.jpg

3336351246_a495893438_o.jpg

3336351346_6dbc728dc7_o.jpg

Here's my Armalite lower with Giessle trigger and CSS competition adjustable rear stock bedded to my 6mmAR Turbo40 degree upper.The upper has a 26" Krieger 8 twist stainless barrel and runs a JLK 105ers at 2900fps.
DSC00145.jpg
DSC00144.jpg
DSC00147.jpg

223Rem on left and 6mmART40
DSC00124.jpg

Steve

30i7rc2.jpg

Started out as an AR10A4, added the following

Noveske 21" 1:10 Polygonal Barrel
PWS Flash Suppressor/Muzzle Brake
SWS E1 FF Rail
Geissele Hi-Speed trigger w/DMR springs (set to 2lb 1st stage 1lb 2nd stage)
MGI RRB Buffer
Tubb CWS and Flat Wire buffer spring
Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x56mm NP-R1 (MOA with MOA adj) in a LaRue SPR. I didn't know about the LT-158 when I ordered the SPR, but it hasn't been an issue yet
Ergo Grip
Harris Bipod in LaRue mount

Good looking Semi auto precision rifles guys. Picking up my AR10 tom. I'm pretty excited.

Steve, how's that 6mmAR turbo shooting?

The gun is shooting great but one of the clips isn't working right,the 15 rounder.It seems like the spring gets cocked wrong in there somehow and it won't pick up the last 2 rounds because the BCG slides over the top of them.I'm just going to order 3 more 10 rounders.The one I do have works fine.When I go to confirm a 100 yard zero before commencing to shoot LR it normally touches em with maybe 1 opening up the group a little.I haven't shot it with the new rear stock yet but now that it is better balanced I could see some improvement.Time will tell.

Steve

TDH - How does your POF 16.5" do out past 500 yards?

Rock River LAR-8 Varmint A4 (26" bull barrel in .308)

Nikon Monarch 2.5x-10x Mildot, added sun shade and target turret knobs

Survival Strap sling

rra_lar8.jpg

EDIT: Shot it for the first tome 5/14. Gusty light breeze. 100 yards. I think it is more accurate than this:

rra_lar8_shots.jpg

M1A Scout in Sage EBR, Millett DMS, and BRMS w/pod loc
IMG_0826.jpg

CMMG AR and MSAR STG
IMG_0874.jpg

My 3-Gun rifle. Bipod is only for the pic... I don't shoot Open Div.
IMG_0949.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlc356</div><div class="ubbcode-body">M1A Scout in Sage EBR, Millett DMS, and BRMS w/pod loc
IMG_0826.jpg

</div></div>

STOCK ENVY!
blush.gif

I have a plain-jane, bone stock Busmaster patrol carbine. No options except it has an EoTech 517 on it.

Pre-War Feb '41 SA #2026XX M1 Garand w/ Danish VAR barrel (1.5 muzzle & 1.5 chamber), NM sights and op-rod.

P5030129.JPG

P5030131.JPG

1982 SA National Match #0253XX with all USGI parts bedded in the early slim NM stock. It is now bedded in a McMillan M3A OD painted stock.

P5030113.JPG

P5030117.JPG

Finally, my latest pawn shop acquisition.

An SA "Loaded" package M1A #1365XX w/ stainless barrel and OD painted USGI stock. I also have another McMillan M3A stock with Witchita swivels. It's still a work in progress.

P5030125.JPG

P5030127.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You'll have to let me finger it next time I'm in town... </div></div>

O.K. but you have to talk sweet to her first. Are you going to make it to the Tac. Carbine match the last weekend of the month? Saturday is full but I think there are a couple spots on Sunday.

Naw, hoping to make the team match at HR that weekend...

I'm moving back to Bham next year though, will prolly make more then if they'd quit scheduling them on HR weekends!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: learjet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no hogs in the corn crib!

disc002.jpg

m1a001_reduced.jpg
</div></div>

I have Always wanted one with that stock on it! Beautiful!

Great Pics Guys! I'm getting extremely envious!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HiTechTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TDH - How does your POF 16.5" do out past 500 yards? </div></div>

I've had no issues out to 600. That as far as I've had an opportunity to shoot it. Using the bullet compensator and holdover with the ACOG is a challenge compared to adjusting the proper mils on the Night Force on the 20". It is perfect for a tactical rifle.

I'm doing a POF 308 SBR project that I'm going to suppress for a short range tactical rifle/home defense with a little more punch the 223. I'm interested to see how it turns out.

But long answer short. There is some additional bullet drop at 600 with the 16.5 but not enough to worry about. I figure the difference is significant at 800+ though.