• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Let's see those whiskey three chassis

Bruiser_Joe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2009
Hell
yes there is probably a thread already, don't care, can't find it and i'm waiting for my build off of one to come back from GAP... so humor me
laugh.gif

Re: Let's see those whiskey three chassis

I have been looking at them for a while trying to decide on this or just go with a manners so I'm looking forward to some pics.

Well I'll be the first on this fine Sunday:
New production generation 3 fixed stock:
A number of incremental improvements, and shaved almost 1/3 lb ( new small grip panels shown). An early TRG folder prototype in the background, tested by moderator Mike.

W3CG3Left.jpg

very very nice man, been a fan of your stuff for a while. can't wait to try this chassis in my new GAP, come on guys i know there are plenty of pics out there. i will steal off google images if i have to...

i am not above stealing people's pics cuz this chassis gives me wood.
D463_9581_img.jpg

those are sweet. i wish those were available for savages.

3.jpg

20u62kj.jpg

I know ^^he is on this site, great looking gun

hmmm who is this?
laugh.gif

0.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucson Dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Title of this thread should be "Joe's Spank Bank" </div></div>

Needs some 1911s for that TD.

Guys,
From my experience with Massoud and the guys at KRG they are dedicated to make a kick ass stock and they do. The build quality is excellent and although I haven't seen the whiskey three yet, I'm sure it's even better than the one I tested.

Here are a couple of pics of the stock Massoud has in his background. I didn't abuse it but I didn't baby it either and it never gave me one issue.

0a5617f7.jpg

a3b7ff2b.jpg

NEVER!!!! just tying to get my hands on examples of them all
shocked.gif
your opinion means little when you've only tried one of something. the broader the experience the better the experience gained.

I love when people buy a custom gun as their first bolt gun in a stock they never shot before and then that is the best and everything else is shit, why not try a few things before spending such crazy money. i mean its probably awesome for a smith when your sending them your gun back cuz the stock isn't comfortable or you don't like the trigger, lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I'll be the first on this fine Sunday:
A number of incremental improvements, and shaved almost 1/3 lb ( new small grip panels shown). An early TRG folder prototype in the background, tested by moderator Mike.

W3CG3Left.jpg
</div></div>

How much for the TRG folder prototype

Hahaha that sucker isn't for sale! Every part on that one was a one-off, and that latch mechanism was only our 2nd version (I can't remember how many we went through). Just those grip panels are over $400 I think (rapid prototype).

Mike, pm sent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i am not above stealing people's pics cuz this chassis gives me wood.
D463_9581_img.jpg
</div></div>

Lol

I was gonna say John has a video of it and all but looks like your googlefu came through hehe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucson Dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Title of this thread should be "Joe's Spank Bank" </div></div>

Needs some 1911s for that TD.</div></div>

Indeed. Though he's got some awesome 1911s, from the looks of it he's extremely eager to get his whiskey 3 haha.

Yes! Definitely YES!!!

Let's keep this Thread Going Guys!!!

Here's my contribution:

Tikka T3 Scout CTR .308 Win, 20 Inch Barrel.
Factory Action, Bolt Handle, and Trigger Tuned to 2.5 lbs.
EGW 20 MOA Base
Seekins 34mm Low Rings
Bushnell HDMR 3.5-21 x 50mm (G2 Reticles)
KRG W3 Folder Chassis (Waited on Long time for this and Thanks So Much to Justin at KRG!!! Great Person, Great Product, Great Customer Serivice!!!)
Harris S Bipod
Accushot Monopod (On the Way)

2qvunhi.jpg

2jaxffa.jpg

2yo5uhf.jpg

28iurgx.jpg

15xwlg9.jpg

30sj9kz.jpg

2yud3ia.jpg

2i0bte8.jpg

1zxuyat.jpg

First trip to the range right after the W3 install. 5 Shot Group Shot at 100 Yards off Bipod and my hand holding up the back.

Fricken Fed Ex! I waited all day for my GEN-3 and the track info said no one was home to sign. BULL SHIT! That's the 2nd time that chick driver has done this. I sware I'm Gonna Donkey punch her next time! Cant wait to post my pics.

I think my 5r is going to be sitting in one of these yet this year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HOGTOOTH5R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes! Definitely YES!!!

Let's keep this Thread Going Guys!!!

Here's my contribution:

Tikka T3 Scout CTR .308 Win, 20 Inch Barrel.
Factory Action, Bolt Handle, and Trigger Tuned to 2.5 lbs.
EGW 20 MOA Base
Seekins 34mm Low Rings
Bushnell HDMR 3.5-21 x 50mm (G2 Reticles)
KRG W3 Folder Chassis (Waited on Long time for this and Thanks So Much to Justin at KRG!!! Great Person, Great Product, Great Customer Serivice!!!)
Harris S Bipod
Accushot Monopod (On the Way)

2qvunhi.jpg

2jaxffa.jpg

2yo5uhf.jpg

28iurgx.jpg

15xwlg9.jpg

30sj9kz.jpg

2yud3ia.jpg

2i0bte8.jpg

1zxuyat.jpg

First trip to the range right after the W3 install. 5 Shot Group Shot at 100 Yards off Bipod and my hand holding up the back. </div></div>

This Rifle is Now for SELL in the FIREARMS FOR SELL SECTION. If anyone is Eager to get one of these Awesome KRG W3 Folder Chassis with a Great Rifle to Go with it, THIS IS IT!!!

Link:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...705#Post3527705

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scott7339</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is my Whiskey 3, with Rem700 .308win.
whiskey3015.jpg

whiskey3018.jpg
</div></div>

ok not goin to lie that thing in TAN is AWESOME

Love mine! Just got the folder conversion to install soon. Getting a LA 700 version for my 8mmMag.
6494abf3.jpg

Nisil-You can drive N on I-25 a bit to Trigger Time Gun Club at the Longmont exit and get a hands-on look at one.

Also I really dig that tan too. If we ever were to do a run of non-black stocks they'd probably be tan.
Justin

justin that tan is amazing DO IT!!! JUST DO IT!!
laugh.gif

Just about finished my build. Just had a APA Little Bastard installed. I might change my rings but other then that all it needs is some sick Cerakote.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I'll be the first on this fine Sunday:
A number of incremental improvements, and shaved almost 1/3 lb ( new small grip panels shown) ..... </div></div>

Do all the Gen. III W3's come with the small grip panels or do have to buy them as an option?

Freshly opened box...

WhiskyAACSD-1.jpg

A look before I drop the rifle in...

WhiskyAACSD-2.jpg

All done, just need to pickup a mag and get my tax stamp back and she'll be good to go.

WhiskyAACSD-3.jpg

We're definitely considering a painted stock, but there's logistical issues and cost issues to work out of course.

Cox380- yes all the gen 3's come with the small grip panels for now. The regular grip panels will be a $10 option at purchase or will be available separately but the spacer they require isn't quite ready.

Merlin got I think the last full gen 2 stock. His has the regular sized grip panels, which I strongly prefer personally.
Justin

I went out with Evan a couple weeks ago to shoot the KRG/APA gun.

He was shooting Lake City M118LR and had the Atlas Bi-pod legs locked forward at about 40 degrees and the S&B was set to 25 power and the gun just sat dead still, like it was saying, "I'm ready, just push the button and send the round already."

unbelievably solid platform. His first 3 rounds were in one hole that measured maybe .15" center to center at 100 yards.

The only room for improvement, the rear bag hand sits really close to some fairly sharp and unforgiving looking metal. Maybe some kind of plastic prosthesis could fill the void and get the worry of "Am I going to mangle my hand in recoil" out of the back of the shooter's mind. Nothing happened, but it is a little like the swivel on an M24 with the buttplate extended in that respect- it's probably close enough to wack you and if it does, it hurts.

64802_10150857012509569_904253946_n.jpg

That's just improper bag holding technique! haha, seriously that's something we're looking at, have been for awhile. Change is coming as is a a simple mod for what's out in the world.

Hello Folks,
I plan on doing a build with this stock and a Badger M-2008 action, if anyone has pics of their M-2008 in a W3C please post them up. The shitty thing here is I have to wait a bit before I can start my build.... so I'm drooling every time I see these W3C builds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NEVER!!!! just tying to get my hands on examples of them all
shocked.gif
your opinion means little when you've only tried one of something. the broader the experience the better the experience gained.

I love when people buy a custom gun as their first bolt gun in a stock they never shot before and then that is the best and everything else is shit, why not try a few things before spending such crazy money. i mean its probably awesome for a smith when your sending them your gun back cuz the stock isn't comfortable or you don't like the trigger, lol. </div></div>

I agree, I like stocks and chassis both, but chassis seem to offer "more" for your money, just my opinion. Out of all of them that I have used the KRG is by far the best.

It just seems like a chassis that would be very hard to improve on at this point. Revisions are nice sure.... but the thing as it came out was just great. Like my bro said in another post, it is just rock ass solid. Such a pleasure to shoot. The only problem is now I want another one.

w3.jpg

Finally got the action riding on top of her after a coulple of glitches and a minor mod. This thing is way more solid than I expected it to be and it is way more comfortable than my origianl 5r stock. I do agree with Griffin about the sharp angle near the bag slide. I'm gona make a longer rear bag slide and that should do the trick for me.

I like to looks of the Gen III stock better. Plus the weight savings. Might have to get one of them!

Is the Gen III folder lighter than the AX AICS ?

Would also like to see some pics of the Gen III folder!

yea joe...
i tried to order one, but it's on back order...

Hey good things come to those who wait I got mine for the 2008 from badger direct they had a few. Cannot wait