• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lets see your 40X rimfires!!

Walsh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2009
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Lets see some of those 40X's and Stiller 25X Predators!!

I love these things and hope to get one of those new Stiller 25X rimfire actions sooner or later.

Thanks,
P.B.Walsh

Re: Lets see your 40X rimfires!!

Oooh heres mine.
DSC00745-1.jpg

With her new Glasses
smile.gif

DSC00763.jpg

DSC00764.jpg

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="color: #FF0000">Oh and ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span></span>

ROLL TIDE ROLL man, that game was GREAT!!

Nice rifles, and where are you located in Alabama? I'm in Tuscaloosa.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AlabamaShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oooh heres mine.
DSC00745-1.jpg

With her new Glasses
smile.gif

DSC00763.jpg

DSC00764.jpg

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="color: #FF0000">Oh and ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span></span> </div></div>

BAH!!......... Well congratulations... I guess.. at least we played you guys better then FL. MacEroy (spelling?) played really well. Poor Tebow at the end. Reminded me of a kid who dropped his lollypop in the dirt, or let go of his new balloon.

Was not too sure if by 40x you meant rim-fires with 40x scopes on them... but anyways here are my two babies, the savage being the rimfire with the 40x.

IMG_2535Large.jpg

IMG_2544Large.jpg

IMG_2565Large.jpg

and just read another thread and only now realised that a 40x is actually a remington....

my bad sorry for the post
frown.gif

PadronAniversary,

Its a USO ST-10 its Mil/Mil, its sitting in a set of Seekins rings and rides on a Seekins 20MOA base.

Beenjammin,
The iron bowl was one heck of a game. Thanks to you guys we were reminded that we have to play hard every game. And we took it to Florida from the get go. Pasadena here we come! Hoping for Nat'l Championship #13.
smile.gif

Thanks Bama shooter I need a couple 3. I want one of the CMP 40X heavy barrels but Im winchester poor! Im a bulldog but pull for the Tide and Gators when we are not playing each other, for some reason I was pulling for FL yesterday, Their boy that got the DUI hurt em yesterday BUT Im thinking the Tide was HIGH and you folks sent TBO home crying with a real country ass kicking! very best

Alabama,

thanks. That looks great on that stock.

This was my former 40x in a A5.

IMG_0348.jpg

and a 40X in HTG

IMG_0342.jpg

And I'll soon have pics of a 40XB in its original form. Looking at Alabama's glass, I think I'll be doing that. Just need rings and glass.

Hopefully also getting a CMP return in the next 60 days.

Thanks!
The 40X .22LR has two big brothers.. a 6mmbr and .308 both in AICS with the same trigger/pull. The recoil/noise is the only real difference..

Scope on the .22 is a Vortex Viper, I wasn't that impressed initially but I like it now.. good scope for the money.. only wish it had the external adjustments.. you know without having to remove the caps..

RJ

you cound just keep the caps off

i just dont have the heart to touch it with a screwdriver. (1000% original)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">051F --- Gorgeous! </div></div>

I agree!

I'm really a Manners or McMillan kind of guy BUT.....a 40x in it's original config just gets me all tore up........

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">051F --- Gorgeous! </div></div>

That says it all

thanks guys, i dont feel crazy anymore for keeping it stock. its hard enough with such nice trainers floating around.

beenjammin, what kind of bottom metal did you use?

Is it just a .308 mag to look like it has a mag or an actual .22lr mag.?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Walsh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">beenjammin, what kind of bottom metal did you use?

Is it just a .308 mag to look like it has a mag or an actual .22lr mag.? </div></div>

The AICS system does not need bottom metal. The AICs mag is non-functional, just looks right now. Im hoping CDI will fix this for me soon.

Man I just fell in love with your AICS, I have a .308 but would love to get itin .22 with my can on it, can you give details on what and how you did it? I know very little about rimfire, what was the original gun, how was it fitted into the stock who did the work, etc...I have got to get me one of these....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Askir</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man I just fell in love with your AICS, I have a .308 but would love to get itin .22 with my can on it, can you give details on what and how you did it? I know very little about rimfire, what was the original gun, how was it fitted into the stock who did the work, etc...I have got to get me one of these.... </div></div>

Askir, Sure:

1st you need to locate a remington 40x 22lr which is the tough part. it drops right into the AICS chassis with no further modification. NOTE: currently most 40x rifles are single shot only. The repeaters are several thousand dollars
frown.gif

Another option you may want to take a look at is Rhineland Arms Leopard stock http://www.troupsystems.com/rifle%20stocks.htm

It looks just like an AICS, but it made from wood and uses a ruger 10/22 system. I currenlt have one ordered as well, but I have been reading resports that some of these stocks have had to go back for re-inletting??

Like you I wanted a 22lr alternative to my AIAW rifle for cheap practice. The nice thing about the 40x is that it is every bit as heavy as the AIAW.

A third alternative: The anschutz/airsoft repeater: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1355444&page=12 I would like one of these.

4th: Moon at GAP built SURGE(fellow hide member) a really nice AW trainer, but I do not have any specifics on that. Only envy.

Ok, I am new and I have many questions. Are these rifles single shot? Are the Stiller's available and are full rifles available or just actions? How much does the Accuarcy Internation Rifle Chasis cost? How much does just the base Remington 40x rifle cost in a synthetic green stock? Thanks, ADT

Single shot yes. Very few were repeaters. Cdi precision I think is working on making it able to be use mags. What kind of AICS stock? The green stocked 40s new from Remington I'm not sure about this. But have heard around $2,500.00

And yes if your like me and missed the CMP rifles. I could still kick myself in the ass for not ordering one the went cheap.

Well damn. So should I wait for Stiller's action cause from what I have heard they will have a magazine. Also what direction would I have for things such as trigger, barrel, ect.

Holy Sh*t $850 for a single shot .22 action?! I understand if it's a good reliable rifle but just an action is ridiculous. Im just gonna build up a Sako any thoughts on that?

Here's the one I just got in:

4232002602_9587cf56c2_b.jpg

And now that I got the weaver scope bases and my testing scope on it. (With the .22lr upper for the M16)

4240035242_34872f55d2_b.jpg

My CMP 40X that got here yesterday. Waiting on SS to come back.
IMG_1282.jpg

My SS had been sent in for service. They couldn't fix it so I got a new one (yay!).
IMG_1289.jpg

Damn guys nice rifles. Now I am even more pissed at myself for not getting one.

40 X Mountain Rifle, 40 X repeater, 504 C

3Rems.jpg

Some great looking rimfires here....makes my Anschutz look a little "under-spec"!

Can't think I've ever seen a 40X here in the UK - lots of CZ, Annies, Rugers etc. but that's about it. Maybe I need to look harder?

Does the 40X action sit in the McM/AICS stocks same as a 700 would? How about the mag well? (Sorry if this is a stupid question!)

Yes, the reason the 40X is so popular here is because it fits in a 700 footprint, so all of the stocks available for a 700 are also available for a 40X. The 40X is popular amongst the benchrest crowd because it is a damned fine action that lends itself to accuracy when properly trued, kind of like the 700.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 051F</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i just dont have the heart to touch it with a screwdriver. (1000% original)

</div></div>

If you do anything other than maintain and shoot that rig, the Gods of 40X (and common sense...) will thrash you and you will deserve it!
wink.gif

Its one thing if it is trashed to begin with, even a quality restoration is still worth less $ than an original in 90% plus condition which your rig def is. It would be a shame and at the end of the day it will not shoot any better, be any more comfortable and will continue to appreciate in value which the tacticustoms IMHO will not.
One of mine is in the same condition as yours. Enjoy.

Im prob gonna be dumped on by all the custom 40x owners. They are all beautiful and unique works and prob shoot just as sweet!
But with classic firearms (and to me a 40x rf falls into that category), its like pulling up to a car show in a clean, all stock 63 Corvette. Even the Hot Rodders quietly drool and wish....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, the reason the 40X is so popular here is because it fits in a 700 footprint, so all of the stocks available for a 700 are also available for a 40X. The 40X is popular amongst the benchrest crowd because it is a damned fine action that lends itself to accuracy when properly trued, kind of like the 700.</div></div>

Thanks Carter.

This thread due for a bump

40XR
MCM A5 GAP Camo
Zeiss 4-14
El cheapo bipod
Freshly applied krylon - sprayed brown over the black spots, tan barrel. I had it in a AICS, but that went to my 308, so back in the A5

dmcvfp.jpg

Because of a small mixup, I'm still waiting on a bolt from PT&G

Pictured next to it's little big brother in .308, I plan on cutting the barrel down to about the same length.
7916.jpg

Forgive me for asking this, but where can i get a 40x?
I would very much like one after seeing them on here.
smile.gif

Also, could someone post some targets etc?
smile.gif

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: richardj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
40X22LR120508.jpg

RJ</div></div>

Wow! Can you pm me or post some specs on that bad boy!!