• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lets see your 6 ARC build

tex68w

Mister Bevilaqua
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 10, 2017
    I am in the process of building an 18" 6 ARC with a Proof CF barrel off of a LMT MRP-L. I am still working out the small details like the trigger, stock and optic/thermal which got me thinking maybe I should see what others have done. So post up a pic of your 6 ARC gasser and maybe a few details of what you're running.

Just built this one. Lantac Onyx matched receivers & E-bcg, 20” Proof CF, A5 buffer system. Hoping to test it out more this weekend, but breaking it in last week it never shot anything over moa to 400 yds. with factory 108 gr match or 105gr bthp with the edge to the 105 bthp black. First impression I like the setup and caliber. We’ll see soon.

3B85DFAB-ACB4-42E0-AC71-794358F77F85.jpeg
    8D90529A-F345-436A-B1FF-3270DB9D52E6.jpeg

Last edited:
    Wanted a lightweight compact setup, and ended up with this. Under 6.5# as it sits. Lilja 16” barrel, VSeven enlightened upper, JP SCS buffer, some titanium and carbon fiber on a cheapy TN Arms lower. May get around to buying a matching lower, but that would mostly be for looks.
    Easily under MOA with 103 and 108 so far.
    Never mind that Lancer mag. Not sure why I popped it in there. It belongs with my 300 Ham’r.
    IMG_4202.jpeg

18" Proof stainless barrel. I'd advise checking the weight savings of carbon in an 18" barrel and compare that to the weight savings you could get by choosing a lighter handguard. For clip on use a rigid handguard does matter so keep that in mind. I went stainless because this is a semi auto and some of the carbon stuff acts funny when it gets hot (not across the board, but didn't want to take the chance). Running factory 108 ELD M's but look forward to factory 80 ELD VT's.

Here's what I'm running for coyotes right now: MK5 3.6-18 CCH, PVS30 retubed by Sure Shot, and an Impact 4000. All off a tripod (bipod is gone). I am very tempted to snag a MK5 2-10 and a Voodoo S to lighten everything up and gain low end FOV (and run the PVS30 in front of the 5-25). Really wish we had a good 35mm clip on with a US core because I'd be all over that for this rig and my 14.5 556 with a 1-8

1705678533241.png

20" Proof carbon, JP full mass BCG, VLTOR A5, and upper receiver, Centurion lower, Triggertech trigger. PRS Lite stock (probably going to change that), BCM 15" MLOK handguard, Aero adjustable gas block, Bushnell DMR (probably going to change that too) somebodies MLOK to ACRA adapter (can't remember), Atlas CAL bipod, Surefire brake, Warne scope mount and fancy sponge camo done by me. I added that little foam bumper to the deflector because I was getting dinged case mouths.

It has been easily sub MOA with Hornady 108 ELD and I'm sitting on a pile of brass to start loading for it eventually. I enjoy this rifle a lot. I just need to find a lighter optic to shave some weight on my "lightweight" precision build.

6arc.jpeg

Last edited:
    18" Proof stainless barrel. I'd advise checking the weight savings of carbon in an 18" barrel and compare that to the weight savings you could get by choosing a lighter handguard. For clip on use a rigid handguard does matter so keep that in mind. I went stainless because this is a semi auto and some of the carbon stuff acts funny when it gets hot (not across the board, but didn't want to take the chance). Running factory 108 ELD M's but look forward to factory 80 ELD VT's.

Here's what I'm running for coyotes right now: MK5 3.6-18 CCH, PVS30 retubed by Sure Shot, and an Impact 4000. All off a tripod (bipod is gone). I am very tempted to snag a MK5 2-10 and a Voodoo S to lighten everything up and gain low end FOV (and run the PVS30 in front of the 5-25). Really wish we had a good 35mm clip on with a US core because I'd be all over that for this rig and my 14.5 556 with a 1-8

View attachment 8326995

So if you move to the Mk5 2-10 you drop thermal/NV from the setup? I’d love to pick up a 2-10 as well, keeping my eye on inventory with Leupy on those. I find myself torn on glass for this build, dedicated thermal is what I am leaning towards as quality US made clip ons are silly pricey. I already have a 6 Creed bolt for daytime predator use, I’d like to set the 6 ARC up for nighttime activities.

20" Proof carbon, JP full mass BCG, VLTOR A5, and upper receiver, Centurion lower, PRS Lite stock (probably going to change that), BCM 15" MLOK handguard, Aero adjustable gas block, Bushnell DMR (probably going to change that too) somebodies MLOK to ACRA adapter (can't remember), Atlas CAL bipod, Surefire brake, Warne scope mount and fancy sponge camo done by me. I added that little foam bumper to the deflector because I was getting dinged case mouths.

It has been easily sub MOA with Hornady 108 ELD and I'm sitting on a pile of brass to start loading for it eventually. I enjoy this rifle a lot. I just need to find a lighter optic to shave some weight on my "lightweight" precision build.

View attachment 8327009

What are you thinking for the stock? This is one area where I find myself leaning towards a PRS Gen 3 but there’s already a Sopmod hanging there which is more than adequate and lighter.

So if you move to the Mk5 2-10 you drop thermal/NV from the setup? I’d love to pick up a 2-10 as well, keeping my eye on inventory with Leupy on those. I find myself torn on glass for this build, dedicated thermal is what I am leaning towards as quality US made clip ons are silly pricey. I already have a 6 Creed bolt for daytime predator use, I’d like to set the 6 ARC up for nighttime activities.
    No, I would run a (lightweight) thermal clip on with the 2-10 and occasionally use the PVS30. I run the clip on for day and night use, a dedicated scope wouldn’t be terrible option. I just like the optionally the clip on gives me

Reactions: tex68w
    No, I would run a (lightweight) thermal clip on with the 2-10 and occasionally use the PVS30. I run the clip on for day and night use, a dedicated scope wouldn’t be terrible option. I just like the optionally the clip on gives me

Which thermal clip on?

What are you thinking for the stock? This is one area where I find myself leaning towards a PRS Gen 3 but there’s already a Sopmod hanging there which is more than adequate and lighter.
    I might try the new MOE PRS since it's lighter. The current setup is still a little ass heavy, but balance seems OK. It balances perfectly with a CTR stock but I want something better for the bag. I tried to make a carbon bag rider for the CTR but I wasn't happy with it. The Arisaka bag rider parts are always on backorder. So I'll try another stock and see how it feels. I have a BCM stock with a little more area for a bag. I just haven't been out to try it yet. Too many projects and parts. Not enough time.

My goal was to make a light longer range rifle. My bolt guns are stupid heavy and my 18" 5.56 AR is a little on the heavy side too. Thermal would be cool to try later but I want to change the scope first. The Bushy kinda sucks. It's OK but the mag ring is super stiff and the reticle is useable, just not great. I think there are other options for me. Good luck with your build.

I might try the new MOE PRS since it's lighter. The current setup is still a little ass heavy, but balance seems OK. It balances perfectly with a CTR stock but I want something better for the bag. I tried to make a carbon bag rider for the CTR but I wasn't happy with it. The Arisaka bag rider parts are always on backorder. So I'll try another stock and see how it feels. I have a BCM stock with a little more area for a bag. I just haven't been out to try it yet. Too many projects and parts. Not enough time.

My goal was to make a light longer range rifle. My bolt guns are stupid heavy and my 18" 5.56 AR is a little on the heavy side too. Thermal would be cool to try later but I want to change the scope first. The Bushy kinda sucks. It's OK but the mag ring is super stiff and the reticle is useable, just not great. I think there are other options for me. Good luck with your build.
    Magpul is coming out with an adjustable bag riding stock; looks kinda similar to the DD stock. (Edit: beat by seconds) As for the PRS lite, it’s okay but very long.

Attachments

• IMG_4684.jpeg
      IMG_4684.jpeg
      365.4 KB · Views: 119
    Which thermal clip on?
    That is the question for me right now. At this point, I'm between the Voodoo S (10 oz, good to ~8x), Steiner C35 v2 (16oz, good to ~10x, but Chinese core), and whatever Nvision brings to market (likely heavier, and I'd expect good to at least 10x). If you don't mind supporting people that hate our country (as I type this on a Mac haha), then iRay has a few clip ons that may work but likely won't be as durable

That is the question for me right now. At this point, I'm between the Voodoo S (10 oz, good to ~8x), Steiner C35 v2 (16oz, good to ~10x, but Chinese core), and whatever Nvision brings to market (likely heavier, and I'd expect good to at least 10x). If you don't mind supporting people that hate our country (as I type this on a Mac haha), then iRay has a few clip ons that may work but likely won't be as durable

Agreed, it's a moral quandary in regards to buying a Chicom Core, it fits the budget and the quality is usually there as well, but China! My other thought was to slap a Nox 35 on it since most of the hunting I'd do is inside of 400. Decisions decisions.

Reactions: rlsmith1
    Agreed, it's a moral quandary in regards to buying a Chicom Core, it fits the budget and the quality is usually there as well, but China! My other thought was to slap a Nox 35 on it since most of the hunting I'd do is inside of 400. Decisions decisions.
    If you have a Nox 35 already, that would be a great option

Ranger Proof upper and lower, 18 in stainless proof barrel, jp tank brake. (the RO's love me) UBR stock, CMC trigger, JP bolt. NF 2.5-20 MIL-XT
    View attachment 8327202

The NXS 2.5-20x seems like a great option for these rifles. What does that thing weigh, I know the UBR is a hefty stock.

I did have some time to group test the Hornady black 105 bthp and Match 108 eldm’s today. It favored the 108 eldm’s most. I was going to shoot factory to build up some brass and then reload for it but I think for the time I’m going to just shoot the 108 matches in mine. I’m happy with what’s it’s doing with factory ammo. This was 102 yards, top group .48” with a dime, second .6” with a nickel

0E202FC3-E94F-4D37-A381-BB95A1F3D4BB.jpeg
    IMG_4163.jpeg
    IMG_4162.jpeg

Wanted a lightweight compact setup, and ended up with this. Under 6.5# as it sits. Lilja 16” barrel, VSeven enlightened upper, JP SCS buffer, some titanium and carbon fiber on a cheapy TN Arms lower. May get around to buying a matching lower, but that would mostly be for looks.
    Easily under MOA with 103 and 108 so far.
    Never mind that Lancer mag. Not sure why I popped it in there. It belongs with my 300 Ham’r.
    View attachment 8326984
    "Wanted a lightweight compact setup, and ended up with this. Under 6.5# as it sits." WOW! How did you manage to get that think so light? I Believe a complete V7 rifle without a scope is just under 6 lbs.

Any thoughts on buffer weights, A5 system, etc.?

I've not used CLE for 6mmARC.

Craddock and Proof both do incredible jobs on every aspect of their barrel making. Being a dedicated Borescope aficionado, I'm checking out every chamber, throat, gas port, etc., that comes through the shop. Technology must be steadily improving, because they continue to look better and better.

Just like factory ammo is getting better! Here's just one good example: How about these numbers through a brand new Proof CF barrel?!?

IMG_4247.jpeg

Last edited:
    I am in the process of building an 18" 6 ARC with a Proof CF barrel off of a LMT MRP-L. I am still working out the small details like the trigger, stock and optic/thermal which got me thinking maybe I should see what others have done. So post up a pic of your 6 ARC gasser and maybe a few details of what you're running.
    Waitin on my 24” barrel criterion, bearcreek upper (I know they have issues with qc but mines been 100%) DD furniture, 3.5lb flat trigger, ambi 45* safety rest mil spec but polished. Was my Grendel but I wanted more velocity for a woods gun since on occasion I have shots out to 350 in some blinds. Further than that and I’ll break out something better set up for the ranges past 400.

Full build…..
    IMG_9401.jpeg

Compass Lake Engineering Bartlein barrel.

Also, made and installed alignment/anti-rotations pins in handguard and upper receiver. Do this on all clamp style handgaurds. Nice insurance and piece of mind.

Last edited:
    "Wanted a lightweight compact setup, and ended up with this. Under 6.5# as it sits." WOW! How did you manage to get that think so light? I Believe a complete V7 rifle without a scope is just under 6 lbs.
    Well, I just realized that number is wrong lol. That was with a different optic before I got my Steiner. Just weighed it again with an empty 10 round Duramag and got 7.2 lbs.
    RCA titanium BCG with adjustable gas key, Ti gas block and flash hider, and lots of carbon fiber do go a long way in reducing weight. Balances perfectly too.

Reactions: BA226
    I'll be finishing a 6ARC build soon

UPPER

16" LaRue 5.56 OBR rebarreled with a Craddock 14.5" Bartlein 1-7.5 Twist, Custom contour, .750 gas block journal / Intermediate length gas system / 5/8x24 Threads.

LOWER
    Larue lower / Triggertech Adaptable Trigger / JP SCS H2 / B5 Precision Stock.

Just need to decide on cerakote?

Thanking Tungsten Grey or Cobalt Kinetics Green.

What is everyone running for a trigger? I was thinking about a Geissele SD-E!?

Built mine from scrap parts of other builds minus the barrel and handguard. I'm still thinking about adding a vertical grip to it and I haven't decided on a scope yet though I'm checking out the Optika 6 from Europtic since they're on sale right now. Will probably finish off with a Griffin Paladin brake and 15 MOA GPM mount since they are local to me. Might also swap the trigger for a Calvin Elite eventually but I didn't have one lying around and I didn't see any decent sales on them.

Parts List:
    Rainier Arms Match Barrel 6 arc 7.5 twist 22" barrel
    SgtOfArms ARCA 18" handguard
    Aero Precision enhanced M4E1 upper
    Magpul PRS Lite stock
    Ergo Beavertail pistol grip
    Anderson Lower
    Rise Armament trigger

1706818971758.png

Reactions: rpoL98 and tex68w
    What is everyone running for a trigger? I was thinking about a Geissele SD-E!?
    99% sure I’ve got a rise 140 in mine, nothing wrong with geissele (have em in my scars) just didn’t want to spend 3x the $$ on this build. Barrel, and optic was my biggest expense, although if hornady wasn’t putting out factory ammo I’d have probably just left it as a 6.5 Grendel and put a longer heavier profile barrel on it to pick up some velocity.