• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lets see your leightweight/packing rifles

Hawk45

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2002
Ohio
Started thinking about my next build and want to do a lightweight build in the 8-9 lb. range w/ optics (maybe 10 lbs Max). So wanted to see what you guys have or have had and what you liked/didn't.

Not sure of the weight of mine but it's light. I got a David Christenson Delta Special which is a rem 700 action, a Shilen smaller profile bbl in a HS precision stock. It is light but still accurate. I have it topped off with a Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24 scope and it has served me well as a hunting rifle. All my other rifles are heavier target grade custom rifles and I was worried I would be holding this rifle to the same standards but I have been impressed with the accuracy of it. I can only shoot a few times since the 7STW cooks the bbl but a lighter weight hunter can be very accurate. I would like to see more of this. I just got home to my new ammo for it but shooting Nosler Custom 160 Accubond I'm thinking that the deer in the bean fields might just be having a bad year.

Good luck

Most of my other rifles are heavier builds as well and though I don't get to rifle hunt very often, I think I need a lightweight in the stable (other than my .22s)

Not sure of the weight of mine but it's light. I got a David Christenson Delta Special which is a rem 700 action, a Shilen smaller profile bbl in a HS precision stock. It is light but still accurate. I have it topped off with a Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24 scope and it has served me well as a hunting rifle. All my other rifles are heavier target grade custom rifles and I was worried I would be holding this rifle to the same standards but I have been impressed with the accuracy of it. I can only shoot a few times since the 7STW cooks the bbl but a lighter weight hunter can be very accurate. I would like to see more of this. I just got home to my new ammo for it but shooting Nosler Custom 160 Accubond I'm thinking that the deer in the bean fields might just be having a bad year.

Good luck

How you like that STW? A buddy of mine loves his. I haven't shot it, but he takes it to the Yukon every time he goes.