• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Let's see your NV gear and kill pics

Asm1

Night walker
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2008
RBC / Gadsden AL.
asm-holsters.com
Lets see it
smile.gif

Re: Let's see your NV gear and kill pics

Always happy to show off:
d96d30f1.jpg

97878b43.jpg

photo-137.jpg

photo-132.jpg

That Hog in the last Pick is looking at me ! Those Young men are on top of the world!

Thanks for shareing
smile.gif

NV gear....this is what's working for me. I hope maybe in the future to run dual PVS-14's. But that's a long term goal! Lol
b485fa3a.jpg

b4b5fc37.jpg

a8212435.jpg

ded929c4.jpg

Looks like you have everything covered to me on that rifle good looking setup
smile.gif
Yep I also have a loner helmet/PVS-14 for those cheap friends.Several of them have access to some huge ranches for us to hunt so aleast they need me to come along with my gear and help out owning all the NV can be a good thing at times! Down the road soon I am also going to do the dual PVS-14 setup I already have several PVS-14's so it just makes since to go that route at first anyway to see if I like a dual tube setup hunting wise.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: km2006dmax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2010-05-17234907.jpg

GetAttachment12-2.jpg

GetAttachment1-4.jpg

IMG_01211.jpg

fjhogs.jpg

P6061487.jpg

GetAttachment12.jpg

Nice load outs K!
DSC_0148.jpg
</div></div>

7.62x39 AR with PS40-3P clip-on and Luna laser illuminator
P1060077.jpg

Long range night hunter. Remington 700 5R 308, AWC Thundertrap suppressor, Luna Illuminator
IMG_4227.jpg

Sow and piglets taken with mini-14/MARS-3P
P1050368.jpg

My scope is mounted on an AR6 rather than an AR15. For those unfamiliar with it, it's an air rifle. Similar to some of the .22 rimfire in terms of muzzle energy.

david-fox1.jpg

The picture was taken the next morning, but the fox was taken the previous night @ about 40yds standing - For those unfamiliar with it, the scope is a milspec AN/PVS-4.

Shooting is a little different here in Australia. Because pretty much everyone uses underpowered rifles, precision is critical.

david-headshot.jpg

So it's fortunate my AN/PVS-4 is fitted with fine crosshairs instead of the usual dot reticle.

Overall, NV can be very useful if you have to get up close to whatever you're shooting, especially as this fox had already been shot at by another landowner previously and had become gunshy. It had healed over pretty well - and no one had been able to get this fox for about 4 years. If it even suspected people were around, it would turn tail and run.

david-previous_injury.jpg

Sometimes NV isn't just convenient - it's the only alternative.

Regards,
David

We'll start with this. From our split screen thermal and night vision video on the website

EjectedCases-1.jpg

And this. Ballistics manager for Barnes Bullets and I after a kill with 6.8 SPC, and new 95 grain TTSX bullet, on Wild River ranch.

DSCF8070.jpg

Get ready:

IMG_03042-1.jpg

The 6.8's before and

DSCF7084.jpg

After:

DSCF7081.jpg

One last pic...probably my favorite:

DSCF5037.jpg

Damit ! This is what happens Driveing while useing ITT Night Vision...Please my God, STOP IT NOW!! ,I knew that one Camel his name was joe.

caraccidentkillscamels.jpg

Joe was in his Prime we will miss You Camel Joe! If only that Driver would have Bought an L3 NVD joe may still be alive! DAM YOU ITT....SO LONG JOE..
cry.gif

Friends Dont Let Friends Drive with ITT.

19551410000167539507633.jpg

R.I.P Born 1/27/42 DIED 2/21/12

<span style="font-size: 17pt">Just haveing some fun I SALE ITT also, Its Good stuff!</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HTR707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We'll start with this. From our split screen thermal and night vision video on the website

EjectedCases-1.jpg

And this. Ballistics manager for Barnes Bullets and I after a kill with 6.8 SPC, and new 95 grain TTSX bullet, on Wild River ranch.

DSCF8070.jpg

Get ready:

IMG_03042-1.jpg

The 6.8's before and

DSCF7084.jpg

After:

DSCF7081.jpg

One last pic...probably my favorite:

DSCF5037.jpg

</div></div>

Nice kill shots and gear Chris. Glad the ranch is being hog friendly along with the 6.8's!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hogrider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what night vision scope and magnification are you using. and cost?

thx </div></div>

I use the D-740, 4X scope with a Gen 3 ITT Pinnacle tube. I purchased these through TNVC, and the tubes are awesome. I have had mine for almost 5 years now, and they've been flawless and have held zero, such that I've only had to touch the windage/ elevation once in 4 years. I mounted one on a suppressed Ruger 10/22 using their LaRue based QD mount, and I zeroed it in about 5 minutes. When I put it back on the 6.8, it took 3 rounds to get right back on to zero. I really like having the LaRue QD on these.

I actually have 2 D-740's so the clients can each have a suppressed 6.8 SBR, with a D-740. One reason I use the Dedicated NV scope is that it is so easy for beginners to use. You just turn it on, set the focus to about 75 yards, and you're good from 50 to about 200 without touching it much, if at all. They might adjust the reticle intensity if we are using IR illumination.

I use the PVS-14 on the HELGA with an M24 thermal monocular for spotting, then we engage the hogs with the D-740 equipped rifles.

These Gen 3 D-740's generally run from $3700- $4600 depending upon whether you get L3 or ITT tubes, hand-selected, etc. I've used PVS22's, 27's PVS-14 with laser, and others, and this system is what has worked best for me.

YMMV, of course w/r/t different setups.

Here's some more:

Though this hog was shot at night, I took the photo the next morning to show the distance.

298 yards, from the house (in background) with my 12" 6.8 SPC, 95 TTSX reload, using AA2200 and SSA Brass, and my Gen 3 ITT D-740. 1 shot, DRT.

DSCF0010.jpg

200 yards, 6.8 SPCII, 85 TSX, ITT D-740. DRT

DSCF5048.jpg

Spotting with HELGA, and shooting with a PVS-14 behind Eotech....the old days.

CIMG1230.jpg

I have a pic or 2 with a pig or 2 .Can somebody give me a pointer on how to post pics ?

Nothing wrong with daylight Pics, I often go back the next day after a Late night. I realy Like that Weapon and all used on the precision kill red pig, Its got that look I like, You guys Are First Class
smile.gif
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HTR707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's some more:

Though this hog was shot at night, I took the photo the next morning to show the distance.

298 yards, from the house (in background) with my 12" 6.8 SPC, 95 TTSX reload, using AA2200 and SSA Brass, and my Gen 3 ITT D-740. 1 shot, DRT.

DSCF0010.jpg

Precision kills:

DSCF5036.jpg

200 yards, 6.8 SPCII, 85 TSX, ITT D-740. DRT

DSCF5048.jpg

Spotting with HELGA, and shooting with a PVS-14 behind Eotech....the old days.

CIMG1230.jpg
</div></div>

PM sent on :)IMAGE SHACK<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdh4376</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a pic or 2 with a pig or 2 .Can somebody give me a pointer on how to post pics ? </div></div>

I bet you do Sir ! Thanks FOR YOUR Service! jUST Drive SLOWER
grin.gif
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hogrider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like suicide to me and I think I recognized a few of the cammies. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PM sent on :)IMAGE SHACK<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdh4376</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a pic or 2 with a pig or 2 .Can somebody give me a pointer on how to post pics ? </div></div> </div></div>

<span style="font-size: 20pt">DAM!</span>
dsc00123qb.jpg

120911232058.jpg

dsc00119fz.jpg

dsc00113pe.jpg

Thanks for posting my pics up for me .I am not that great with a computer ,but I know how to hunt pork at night.lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: km2006dmax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a few.
2010-06-21103315-1.jpg

</div></div>

I know hogs are bad, and eradicating as many of them as possible is good, but is that first-hand the devestation they left behind?!?!

I know there a few more pics out there .Come on folks !!!

Hunting's been a little tough lately, but only because Texas is finally getting rain!!

This kill was a long stalk, probably 1000 yards, and then the hunter put it right in the spine at 120, offhand, with my D-740. Pig was killed with 6.8 suppressed SBR, Hornady 120 SST in SSA brass, with AA2200 handload. If we had not had the HELGA, we would have been blind, since it was raining, foggy, and just generally nasty.

DSCF3004-2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HTR707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hunting's been a little tough lately, but only because Texas is finally getting rain!!

This kill was a long stalk, probably 1000 yards, and then the hunter put it right in the spine at 120, offhand, with my D-740. Pig was killed with 6.8 suppressed SBR, Hornady 120 SST in SSA brass, with AA2200 handload. If we had not had the HELGA, we would have been blind, since it was raining, foggy, and just generally nasty.

DSCF3004-2.jpg

</div></div>

Good show there Chris!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally Posted By: km2006dmax
Here's a few.

I know hogs are bad, and eradicating as many of them as possible is good, but is that first-hand the devestation they left behind?!?!
</div></div>

Yes it is. Pictures don't really do the damage justice. I usually have the dozer in that pasture 3-4 times a year to repair it. The guy in the pick is 6th tall. The rooting is knee deep in most places. That's just a small section of the pasture. There was a lot more damage than the pic showed

Here's some old pics(was cleaning photobucket account)

Before (D740 Gen2 SHP)
Dsc00097.jpg

After(AAR following morning)
deadpig.jpg

Night time Rut loving,taken thru a Kite 4x
DSC00264.jpg

DSC00263.jpg

Old gear pic
The 4x Kite is on the AR10
DSC00223.jpg

Pics thru the Kite

KITE4-1.jpg

KITE1.jpg

Results of a Predator Competition.(3 cats,1 dog)
All taken with PVS14 and IR laser
Dsc01670.jpg

Looks like a good hunt htr. were you using the 95 ttsx or were you testing the 120 sst's?

I got a call from the ranch owner were I usually hunt. The river has been out for awhile, and the pigs are pushed up to the top tearing up around the house. A warden and I are headed up there to put a hurt on them tonight. Just not sure if I want to take the .308 or the 6.8 with some 120's. They've trapped 37 in 4 days so should be a fun night!

The upper is a Wilson Combat 12.5" SS 6.8 SPCII. I believe the lower is a billet lower, but I don't remember the brand. This was my client's rifle.

The can is a surefire 6.8.