• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition let's see your rigs

Re: let's see your rigs

Here is one.

img013.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CamoWildcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the rubber mallet for? Sticky bolt?
wink.gif
</div></div>

He uses it to beat the competition on the head if he his losing.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CamoWildcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the rubber mallet for? Sticky bolt?
wink.gif
</div></div>

Hopefully not. I use it to hammer the feet on the rest down. Or sometimes to flatten out a spot for the rear bag so it's level.

2008 BCRA Int'l... the silver stuff is aluminum aircraft tape to keep (some of) the water out of the bedding as it had been just pissing down rain 15 minutes earlier.

2008-BCRA028-1.jpg

Same gun, different 'pod, earlier this year... and a herd of RedTacGear bags
wink.gif

Picture011.jpg

the thing resting ontop of the barrel.. is that to reduce heat waves/mirage coming off the barrel?

very nice rifles guys, Keep them coming PLZ
Monte, are you going to Douglas ridge this weekend??

PICT0016.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

And wearing a Joel Russo A5
PICT0039.jpg

Here's my F T/R rig. I have to shoot in the open class though as my range only groups them in hunter and open class.

DSC00639.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

And my soon to be open rig. It will be going to Chad Dixon as soon as I hear back from him.
DSC00654.jpg

Do you have a preference on Bipod's. I have not used one of the Wide one's yet.............

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagrizzly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ian - love the Crusader!

What caliber is it?</div></div>

6mm Crusader

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 280man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
surgeon001.jpg
</div></div>

Is that a magnum metal front coaxial rest? If so, how do you like it?

PM if you would like. I'm kicking around buying one and would love some feedback.

Eddie I'm pretty sure that rest is a Farley....

Photos?....... For F/TR this White Oak Match .223 makes a lot of .308s cry.
WOA1.jpg

And for F-Open, a 6ARturbo40º...... Yeah, I like the Spacegun ergonomics.
4-6download009.jpg

Here my Open rifle (6mmBR). Mine is the green and behind an identical rifle in black/grey.

GBFRiflesOPEN.jpg

Here my current F/TR rifle .308win:

DSC02358.jpg

And my previous (spare) F/TR rifle, .308win:

DSC02322medium.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brad from ND</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my F T/R rig. I have to shoot in the open class though as my range only groups them in hunter and open class.

DSC00639.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

And my soon to be open rig. It will be going to Chad Dixon as soon as I hear back from him.
DSC00654.jpg
</div></div>

Are you required to run Open class because this weapon is to heavy for Hunter or some other reason?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killshot44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eddie I'm pretty sure that rest is a Farley....

Photos?....... For F/TR this White Oak Match .223 makes a lot of .308s cry.
WOA1.jpg

And for F-Open, a 6ARturbo40º...... Yeah, I like the Spacegun ergonomics.
4-6download009.jpg
</div></div>

I have an AR Turbo 40 Improved also and cosidering giving it a try at F-open. How have you done with yours? What is the barrel length? Mine is a 24".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lakeway</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I have an AR Turbo 40 Improved also and cosidering giving it a try at F-open. How have you done with yours? What is the barrel length? Mine is a 24". </div></div>

It's a 26" Kreiger, 4-groove, .236 bore, 8 twist.

So far so good. Sizewise it's between a 6BR and a 6Dasher. Shot several cleans at 500/600 and does well out to 1K with the 105 Lapuas or Berger VLDs
(does NOT like the JLKs for some reason). The 108 BTs shoot well, too, I just haven't had time to workup a load for them, just had the rifle built in March.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jetmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brad from ND</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my F T/R rig. I have to shoot in the open class though as my range only groups them in hunter and open class.

DSC00639.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

DSC00654.jpg
</div></div>

Are you required to run Open class because this weapon is to heavy for Hunter or some other reason? </div></div>

The "Hunter" class is basically for factory rifles. Savage target rifles are not allowed either. There really isn't anything factory left on it and the rifle weighs 17.4 pounds so weight for F T/R isn't an issue, it's just the ranges rules.

My rest is a Farley. I would highly recommend one if you can get one. Made in the USA and they are a very proven design that works great for both F-class and benchrest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the thing resting ontop of the barrel.. is that to reduce heat waves/mirage coming off the barrel? </div></div>

Yep... as an example, today the last string of the day started (for me) around 1500, and was unlimited sighters + 20 record shots in 30 minutes. I used five sighters and was done in under six minutes. The barrel was definitely 'warm'
wink.gif
Without a mirage shield or band, the heat coming off the barrel would have made things untenable after about 10-12 shots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: memilanuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kentactic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the thing resting ontop of the barrel.. is that to reduce heat waves/mirage coming off the barrel? </div></div>

Yep... as an example, today the last string of the day started (for me) around 1500, and was unlimited sighters + 20 record shots in 30 minutes. I used five sighters and was done in under <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">six minutes</span></span>. The barrel was definitely 'warm'
wink.gif
Without a mirage shield or band, the heat coming off the barrel would have made things untenable after about 10-12 shots. </div></div>

Why so long, Monte?
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IanB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
PICT0016.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

And wearing a Joel Russo A5
PICT0039.jpg
</div></div>

What stock is that in the top two pics, Ian?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr Scholl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=IanB
What stock is that in the top two pics, Ian?</div></div>

It's a precision Rifle and tool Ballard Lowboy.

I'm not into the crazy rests, harris brm 6-9 up front, my fist for the back. Of course you wont see any titles under my name either...

Savage 10FCP 308, choate stock, skim bedded, Sightron SIII 8-32x56 mil dot.
WP_000106.jpg

WP_000104.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DGosnell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why so long, Monte?
grin.gif
</div></div>

It's hard to find properly motivated target pullers any more...
wink.gif

That and my ejector is kinda half-a$$ broke... need to fix that
frown.gif

here is mine
savage 116 action
338 edge
30"mcgowen barrel
xlr industries stock
timney trigger
20x ss scope
rws brake

222232_1736596577536_1317261820_31539675_1314534_n.jpg

Here is mine. 5.56mm DTI 20" SS Bull Barrel, Stag Lower Bravo Company Upper, Wilson Two stage MTU Trigger, Bushnell 10X Elite, Caldwell 9-13" Bipod, Magpul PRS.

A real frankenrifle. But, I can shoot 1/2 inch groups at a 100 yds from the bench. They get a bit bigger from the prone position, but I can live with it. Looking for a scope with a bit higher mag to improve this a bit, but I can live with this as is for a while.

p1020590.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bogger02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
338 edge
rws brake
</div></div>

Really? Cool rifle and all... but you shoot F-Class with that?

why not.its the only rifle i have.i know recoil and cost are high but like i said it all i have.

Because of the brake... not exactly compliant with the established F-class rules. Some places make exceptions (more power to 'em) and just squad the braked guns together away from everybody else. I'm all for shooting what you got, and like I said, it sounds like a sweet rig.

My F/TR rifle.

Manners MCS-GAT painted in Tiger Stripe Camo by Todd Jackson
BAT Machine 3 lug action single shot no ejector no safety
10 twist Kreiger MTU contour at 24 inches m855 chamber
Jewell BR trigger set at 1.0-1.2 oz
BAT Machine 20 moa 1 piece ring/base combos
Leupold 6.5-20X50 VXIII side focus target turrets
BAT Machine Trigger Guard
OD Green Cerakote
Built by ....a builder that mustnotbenamedonhere.net

Here is my F Open gun built by Tim Click. I waited long and hard for this one. Anyway here are the specs

Badger 2nd gen M2008 Action
Badger M5 DBM
R&D Precision RAD Latch
Rifle Basix trigger
Manners T5A in Todd Jackson Multicam (
26" Bartlein 7.5 twist MTU Profile Chambered in 243 win match
Fluted bolt by Kampfeld
Machine work, assembly, fitting, tuning, bedding, cerakote, etc
Tim Click Custom Rifles in Carlsbad NM

In these pics Its wearing a 3.8-22X44ERGO USO in MOA/MOA configuration. I recently swapped that out with a 5-25X58 TPAL in USO's OD green annodizing and added a uso fixed bubble level.

I have shot this one in 4-5 matches this year so far and done pretty well with top 5 finishes in all of them. Not bad for shooting a tactical rifle off of an atlas in open class. I wont win a match with it unless someone gets caught slipping but Im having fun and shooting my way.

rwest, that is a fantastic looking rifle, i love the m2008 action and the multicam looks great on the manners

thanks brother. I need to snap a new pic of it with the big green 5-25 tpal on it.

i hate people who have talent.that was a very intresting article on you stock build.nice work.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagrizzly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's one of mine that I completed this year.

33f84qv.jpg

4q08eb.jpg

ws0akj.jpg

For seeing how it all came together, see this link:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...894#Post2296894 </div></div>

My only LR F Class/Fullbore Rifle is a my original Ghost dancer, updated to what I call a Stage II Dancer configuration.

The original (call it Stage I) started as a factory Savage 10FP with the factory 24" 1:8" .260 Rem barrel. Yes, they did make some, and our SH Ghost Dancer project (compliments of Savage and LL) acquired three of the very last ones available back in late 2002. The rifle was upgrade with a McMillan A3 Tactical stock, painted Ghost Gray. LL's had an A4. The three rifles all had SSS Triggers and Recoil Lugs; and the final touch was a Ken Farrel 20MOA sloped base and Burris Signature "Zee" rings. Mine was factory pillar bedded, and shot some riproarinhot handloads very accurately at 1Km/1123yd.

The stage II upgrade was the substitution of a Lothar-Walther 28" 1:8" Stainless BR Grade barrel. Back when I could actually shoot the thing to near its potential, it was capable of successive strings of 3-5 X's at 1000yd. Nowadays, I don't venture far enough from home to reach a legitimate 1000yd F Class venue and the rifle is currently dormant. That is likely to change back (mostly) over the next few months.

For the present, my F Class activities are centered on STP's FV200 COF. It is essentially identical to the LR F Class COF, with the two exceptions of a 200yd distance, and a target size reduced to 20%.

My rifles for this discipline consist or a Remington 700VLS .223, and a 1970's vintage Remington 700BDL Varmint .222. The 223 may be reaching the time for a rebarrel, and the .222 isn't even bedded.

When 'my ship comes in', I am strongly considering a L-W prefitted Savage barrel chambered in 6BR; for employing the Dancer more efficiently in the FV200 discipline.The .260 is overkill for such an application. Such an addition would fulfill my original intent to employ the Dancer as a high quality generic switch-barrel rifle.

The .222/223's would shoot very adequately if I was not hagridden by a combination of physical issues and personal technique failures. While this situation is sometimes very frustrating; it's also certainly enough of a personal challenge to satisfy even the most jaded amongst us.

Greg