• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Let's Split $1million --Help Me Win Grocery Monopoly Game

Strykervet

ain'T goT no how whaTchamacalliT
Minuteman
  • Jun 5, 2011
    Pierce County, WA
    So Safeway and some other stores do this Monopoly Sweepstakes. You get tickets at checkout. It's pretty complicated for a coupon game but anyway, I won $5 so far and am close to winning some others. If anyone helps me win it, I'll split the winnings evenly. If I help you, I want the same courtesy. For purposes of splitting the winnings, a family counts as one person. So if your family helps me, I'll split it 50/50 --how you divide up your 50 is up to you.

I'm willing to split anything worth $1000 and up. I got a LOT of these things from a guy at Safeway that just hands me the whole stack when I checkout. I've got several of the prizes close to being filled in and I did win the $5 cash prize already. If you are doing this, make sure to be nice and ask for as many of them as they can spare.

So here goes.

I need pieces 101AA and 108AH only to win the million dollars.

I need pieces 110BB, 112BD and 116BH only to win the million dollar home (which I could seriously use but that's another day).

Those are the two biggest prizes and there are 2 cash prizes and 4 houses I think.

I'm only one or two short on winning a few others also, from a few dollars to a few thousand or more. Some other ones I could use:

173RA, 177SA, 179SC, 169QA, 172QD, 166PB, 135GC and others. PM for details. What we can do is if together we win a prize, we go into a contract and one of us will be in charge of "handling it". If you have the two or three pieces I need for the million dollars, I'll want you to fly out here and we'll go get the prize together.

I understand how these coupons are made and distributed and we stand a higher chance at winning if we pool resources and consider that doing it this way will put us in contact with cards and numbers that aren't available in our geographic area. So let's game the game and see if we can win this. I think it expires around the end of May so let's get on it if you're serious.

Reactions: Frankly and Bender
    Where are you located? My wife is doing this and all I do is make fun of her and her egg carton full of stamps. ;)

Reactions: Bender
    I would help, but I thought Safeway went out of business in the early '80s! The very first spanking I can remember getting was in the middle of Safeway circa 1973.

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
    I think the answer to your question, unfortunately, is no...
    Ok, the game sounds like the monopoly game used yearly by McDonald's.
    First if you read the rules i would imagine there is a phrase "all prizes may not be awarded"
    Here is why.
    Lets take the grand prize in the monopoly game. You need the pieces "park place" and "board walk".
    McDonald's has millions of "park place" pieces.
    But they print one and only one "board walk". That piece is worth $1,000,000 so it is tracked pretty well. (Very well until the last couple steps).
    On the McDonald's game the winning pieces are normally on drink cups (but can be on any item included in the game). Lets use a large cup for example.
    As the piece goes down the line it gets attached to the large cup. At that point there are a few people (a dozen or so) who know exactly which cup is the winner.
    The cup is packaged in a case of other large cups.
    Nothing in the distribution chain is altered, just monitored.
    The case is shipped out, but it is followed to a warehouse.
    Around here each McDonald's gets a shipment about every 3 days. But one truck delivers to about a dozen "restaurants".
    The winning case is loaded on to the local delivery truck. At that point the case with the winning cup is lost. It can be delivered to any McDonald's on that trucks route.
    But McDonald's knows a fairly small area where the winner will come from.
    If the cup is purchased and then the piece is thrown away, another piece IS NOT made. That prize will never be claimed. It is possible the piece could be found and McDonald's cant take the chance of having to award 2 million dollars.
    Only one winning piece for each prize listed is made.
    This isnt a race to see who can claim it first.
    Good luck to everyone.

I take it it's the same bullshit contest that McDonald's has. No one wins anything good. By the time you think you're close to winning something, the contest ends.

You could probably earn a million if you did some sort of "How to Win" guide and made a phone app for it.

Like Levi Strauss in the Gold Rush.

That one winning ticket is how they control the game. They only print one winner and 70% of the people would throw that away. So if someone has that one winner they would be stupid to share it with you. Why? Because the other pieces are easy.

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
    McDonalds does what, a half-billion dollars per day? Cost of those stickers on a cup is what, a penny per?

Cost of administering the contest is probably in the 50 million dollar range, the prize money is inconsequential to them.

McDonalds does what, a half-billion dollars per day? Cost of those stickers on a cup is what, a penny per?

Cost of administering the contest is probably in the 50 million dollar range, the prize money is inconsequential to them.
    Your point is what??

Your point is what??

That they actually will award prizes, they aren't trying to trick anyone and not pay them. The odds are still astronomical but I don't see them risking the bad publicity by trying to welch.

Never said that they welch. All money for prizes is set aside before the contest starts. After the time to claim prizes expires they put the money back in the general fund.
    Lets say there are 10 jeeps available for 3rd place prizes. They only print 10 winning pieces. It is not McDonald's obligation to get the winner to claim the prize.
    I believe only 3 people have ever won the monopoly million and 1 of those served 8 years in prison for because his win ended up being fraud.
    Read the fine print.

Wife is 1 away from every prize 108H is the one to have.

I bet the guy with that one then will be the winner, period. I figured it'd work something like that but hey, I'm not so damn greedy I wouldn't share the other prizes on there two --half $5k is still $2.5k! Or whatever the prize is. There's a lot more of those and while they probably do track the million dollar tickets very well (I would) they don't have the resources available to track thousands (well they do but it's not worth it, you don't spend dollars to make pennies).

2A nailed it though --those tickets are in small geographic areas. It could be me, it could be you. As another layer of security (and chance to not have to pay out) they could also distribute tickets to only certain areas thus making one rare here, another rare there.

Still, PM me with missing numbers and maybe we can win some of 'em. Chances are we're all missing the same numbers, that's the math. The math also says we have a higher probability of winning the higher the number of tickets held over a larger area.

Never said that they welch. All money for prizes is set aside before the contest starts. After the time to claim prizes expires they put the money back in the general fund.
    Lets say there are 10 jeeps available for 3rd place prizes. They only print 10 winning pieces. It is not McDonald's obligation to get the winner to claim the prize.
    I believe only 3 people have ever won the monopoly million and 1 of those served 8 years in prison for because his win ended up being fraud.
    Read the fine print.

Wondered what happened to that guy in Brazil that forged the last "Golden Ticket"!

Read the fine print.

A friend had a 'friend' in Miami that was a manager of some kind for McDonalds. They had a scheme with the Monopoly pieces and eventually got caught. I don't think it involved the million dollar prize though. They went to jail.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope