• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Lets talk low end red dots and clones

LS6TT

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
DFW, Texas
so i need a red dot, im not going to drop 300+ on optics for a paper puncher (it isnt a HD gun, maybe hunting if the time is right, and i dont believe in SHTF). I know "dont support chinese rip offs" but see above.

so now that that is out of the way, what say you?

Re: Lets talk low end red dots and clones

Take a look at the vortex strike fire--- good value at around $150.00

My friend bought a cheap Chinese knock-off Aimpoint off Ebay and besides it's battery life sucking ass, it works ok on his M4.

On mine I have a real Aimpoint Comp ML3 4moa and I've never had any issues with it what so ever.

$300 isn't much for a hunting scope, most of your deer rifles will have Loopy VX-III's and Nikon scopes that are about that.

I can tell you he has spent upwards of $50 on batteries for his red dot since he got it last spring, and that's just with normal use... Depending on how often you are going to use it, you might save a few bucks here buying cheap and paying for it later.

I'm still on the same battery after almost 5 years using my Aimpoint Comp, and that's with leaving the thing on for weeks / months at a time by accident.

thanks for the suggestions, real aimpoint is out of the question, like I said, im not spending that much on a paper puncher.

anybody have any reviews of that vortex, i googled and only came up with where to buy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jmb1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Video review. </div></div>

i seriously need to remember to search youtube instead of just google.

I appreciate the link

I'm not crazy about the Vortex controls.
You may want to take a look at arfcom-there's a guy that sells cheap microdots and stands behind them. If I find the link I'll post it.

You can find Sig's chinese knockoff of the Aimpoint micro for sale for around $100 when people take the m off their Sig556's also.

thanks sobr, ive been whoring the optic and optic budget forum on their site for ideas, havnt found that thread yet

thanks bud, ill read some reviews on them and see. i needed a small red dot for my scoped ar as well, might just pick up two.

The IOR Edge Tactical is pretty good for the price (around $200). I have one on my AR57 that I plink with. It hasn't lost it's zero and the adjustments are pretty solid. It's nothing I'd take into theater, but definitely worth the money for what I use it for.