• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold 1 inch tactical scopes worth?

GhostFace

Verified Asshole
Minuteman
  • Apr 1, 2003
    Indiana
    Our department has a three of the older tactical scopes with one inch tubes, target turrets but not M1 style and duplex rectical. I went to Leupolds sight and could not find them listed there. I know they made some upgrades to these now and no longer offer exactly what we have. I think these scopes are now available with M1 style turrets and mildots. I am trying to figure out what would be a good price for these. Two I would decsribe as being very good condtion and one like new. I am geussing anywhere from $300-$400 depending on condition. Can anyone tell me what would be a good asking price? Thanks...

Re: Leupold 1 inch tactical scopes worth?

I paid $480 for a 3.5-10x40 Vari-X III with target turrets and mildot a year ago.

300 or 400 would be a fair price.

I have the same scope on a REM 700 PSS and it holds as well as the rifle. The duplex reticle is too thick for real fine work, but it is a decent scope for the money.

Spend a moment with each and give them a grade. Maybe a range of $375 to $425 depending on condition. It is a quality scope. I kept one on a PSS for 12 years and never had a problem. Like new would bring $400+ quite easily.