• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold 10x50 tac with TMR bino feedback

chalwie

Private
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2010
ATL
About to pick one up with the TMR reticle. Anyone have experience before I drop the coin?
If you used it, please comment on:
1. Optics quality compared to other known brands.
2. Utility: Eye relief, field of view, etc.
3. Comparison to other tactical binos or monoculars. ie. Steiner 10x42 Tactical, Vortex 10x50 Viper RT, etc.
4. How you use it, and its limitations.
5. Would you buy it again?

Thanks much.

Re: Leupold 10x50 tac with TMR bino feedback

I bought a pair for 300$ as a gift for someone but ended up ebaying them for a cheaper vortex model w/o reticule as he didn't need that anyways. My take on it was that it was a little large for a field/hunting bino and the optics weren't good enough for something that you'd use for extended observation but that's just my 2cents.

I had a pair and did not really care for them. The optics were just okay and I felt the reticle was distracting ( maybe it was an eye dominance thing). And to top it off the Made in China sticker did not sit well with me. Also, The eye cups were too easily dislodged. I would not buy them again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sandbogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a pair and did not really care for them. The optics were just okay and I felt the reticle was distracting ( maybe it was an eye dominance thing). And to top it off the Made in China sticker did not sit well with me. Also, The eye cups were too easily dislodged. I would not buy them again.</div></div>

+1. This, exactly. I like Leupold products, but these feel a bit like a toy to me.