• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold 12-40x60 HD

Re: Leupold 12-40x60 HD

http://www.leupold.com.au/

Direct from the link above:
<span style="font-style: italic">"Please be advised that the international movement of firearm optics are subject to the provisions of the International Traffic in Arms regulations (ITAR's) and are not freely able to be transferred between countries without permission of various governments. In the case of Leupold optics approval is required from both, the U.S. Commerce Department and from the Defence Export controls office in Australia. Leupold Optics imported into Australia under approvals in place with the U.S. Commerce department cannot be transhipped or permanently re-exported to any other country without approval.

Please understand that Leupold optics purchased from overseas sources are not subject to the normal Leupold Australian in-country after sales support. In the event that a product is incorrectly supplied, damaged in transit, in need of custom shop options or warranty service, it will be the responsibility of the owner to return the item to the original place of purchase. If that is overseas they will need to ensure complete compliance with the ITAR's provisions affecting rifle optics to avoid product confiscation or personal prosecution."</span>

Before you purchase the product in the states, contact Leupold and they should be able to point you in the right direction with the export process. It can be done, but needs the necessary export permit(s). However, it may be worth the money to just buy from the Leupold authorized Australian dealer listed in the link above.

Thanks for that. The price over here is a joke. Usually double and some times 3 times the price of what you guys pay in the US. With such a strong Aussie dollar you would think they would drop their prices. I might do the research for the permits. If I save a grand it will be worth it.

shoot I could buy one and send it to you and save you a ton!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shoot I could buy one and send it to you and save you a ton!!! </div></div>

I am hoping you were joking, because if you were planning on doing it legally, you would be out some serious cash.

I may be wrong (but I doubt), but this spotting scope has no restriction to be sent out of US withou an export license.

It has no ITAR restriction, that I am aware. And I read a lot about it as I have to deal with export license of ITAR itens, almost daily.

I dont think this scope has any restrictions on it. Just buy the scope and ship it USPS priority international.

I could be very wrong though!!!! LOL

Yeah I never really thought whether the Gold Ring HD would have restrictions on export, I figured the op already figured that out and asking the question for advice. I see a CQ/T license warning just below the picture, but I'm assuming that link is about the CQ/T scope not the spotting scope.

Pat M, as far as I understand it repairs and upgrades still need to deal with export restrictions, if there even is one, but I may be wrong.

Rifle scopes and spotters with reticles will have ITAR restrictions. Without the reticle it would not be on the US Munitions list. Most sporting rifle scopes are exempted, scopes with mil reticles or units that are military issue are restricted. ACOG's and EOTech's for example, are restricted, as is a Leupold Mark 4 with TMR reticle.

The plain jane HD spotter would not be restricted, unless you had the Custom Shop install a reticle.