• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold 12-40x60mm spotter differences/comps to others

Iron Worker1177

Private
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2011
Maryland
Been thinking about getting a Leupold 12-40x60mm Gold Ring. Is there any advantages of the older ones to the new ones? The used market seems to be right there with the prices on the new ones.
If I bought used, can I get a reticle put in an older one?
I have looked at numerous spotters at the range kinda narrowed the market down to a leupold or a vortex viper hd. The only thing I don't like about the viper is the fixed power reticle eye piece. Trying not to spend more than $1k on a used or new spotter.

If you can find the newer one with the "HD" glass they're better looking.

In the world of optics and coatings older is never better, just cheaper.
You would think that the older ones would be cheaper. I haven't found one used for less than 1k yet. At this point, I have pretty much decided to buy a new one.

You would think that the older ones would be cheaper. I haven't found one used for less than 1k yet. At this point, I have pretty much decided to buy a new one.

I have seen plenty of them. It's just that nobody sells a gold ring unless they're buying a Swarovski and then they need all the cash they can get.

If you're le/mill contact them about the discount program. Would put a new one in your price.