• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes leupold 3-18x44 H-58 Mark 6

Re: leupold 3-18x44 H-58 Mark 6

There was a thread a few weeks ago saying they were shipping and a hide member had one in hand. He never followed up with a range report, I'd love to hear more about this scope. I want one for myself, but would like some feedback too. I'm holding out for a few months to see if an illuminated model may show up.

Agreed on illumination. I will never again buy a scope that doesn't have adjustable illum.

I'd really get excited about daylight visible illum. They are showing up in the lower mag power ranges, such as the Leupold Mark6 1-6x and Mark8. Leupold really hit a foul ball with the Mark6 3-18x with NO illum. and lousy reticle choices. It still has potential if they overcome those shortcomings.

I think the reticules are fine, but a traditional TMR should also be offered. I have good reason to believe illumination is coming soon. The Horus reticules are offered by a few optic makers without illumination (Bushnell HDMR) and that combo with this weight will do well I think. Add an illumination to the cmr-w, and an illuminated TMR and this thing is killer. Especially with the mil/LE price.

When I first handled this scope, I was impressed by its size, the weight, the clarity of the glass, it seemed to offer a lot of punch in a small package. Obviously the first thing I noticed was lack of illumination, at that time the rep didn't mention anything about later models being illuminated. The presently offered reticles also left me wondering if the choices offered were really the best for the marketplace other than the military. I did see the thread by Flyingdog and he had one in hand, but theres been no further posting by him. I am not sure if anyone else has actually got one.