• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold 3.5 -10x40 LR\T for long range shooting

tjrumseyjr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2008
N.Y.S.
hey guys i have a quest. about this scope. being only a 10 power scope how good is the point of aim to point of impact at 250yrds. how well could you see 2 inch circle kill zone.

Re: Leupold 3.5 -10x40 LR\T for long range shooting

Figure a 2" target at 250 yards is about .8 MOA wide. Reticle subtension on a mildot reticle is about .3 MOA. So you will be able to bisect it, but it will be getting small.

I've shot 4" clay birds at 500 yards with 10X, no problem. Same relative size through the scope.

If you are talking about a steady diet of targets that small, moving up in power isn't a bad idea.

It is possible to aim at 5cm (2") circle at 300m with 10x40 Bushnell. The only problem are my hands
laugh.gif

thanks for the info guys the reason i asked is im a big groundhog hunter. my shots would be anywhere between 300 to 400yrds.

If you want a scope that mostly for groundhog/varmint hunting, the 10x will work, but it's far from ideal, you'd be much better served for that purpose to look for something that at least had the option to go to 15-25x