• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold 3.5x10 with M2 knobs question

Re: Leupold 3.5x10 with M2 knobs question

Yes it does. You can have Leupold engrave BDC turrets for your specific load to use with the zero stop, or they can knock the detent out of the turret cap for you.

So it doesn't come that way(like the M3) from the box? I have a friend who got one and he can't get the zero stop to function,trying to help him over the phone!

Tell him to take the turret off the scope. 3 set screws on the turret, loosen em and lift the turret up. You can see on the scope body a metal 'block' where it will hit the zero stop, looking at the underside of the turret there should be a little detent in the shape of a ball bearing. If either of the 2 are missing, then it is not a zero-stop model.

OK,so just like an M3. I thought so but I wasn't sure about this exact model. Thanks very much for your help. TJR

It depends on the scope I think.

I remember reading a review on the 3.5-10x with M2's (The brown colored one) and I'm sure it said you were able to go past the first revolution to get to 900 and 1000 yards, as a single turn only got you to about 800 something. However, I don't remember if they said anything about having to modify the turret (remove the detent ball bearing) to accomplish it.