• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold 34mm ER/T Turret button mod

frankythefly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2010
Colorado
For those that have the Leupold MARK 4 ER/T 34mm 6.5-20x50mm with the locking turret.

I found that I did not like having to push a button down to turn the turret so here is a simply mod that is not permanent that fixes that.
step1.jpg

step2.jpg

step3.jpg

step4.jpg

step5.jpg

step6.jpg

Re: Leupold 34mm ER/T Turret button mod

Not trying to be rude, but doesnt that defeat the purpose of this high dollar knob? I know nothing of this scope, but I do have one on the way. So, Im interested in knowing why the pushbutton is so bad.

For me the push button wasn't bad at all, it became a non-issue after using the scope just a few times. Yes it does defeat the purpose of the knob, but to each they're own.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 317millhand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not trying to be rude, but doesnt that defeat the purpose of this high dollar knob? I know nothing of this scope, but I do have one on the way. So, Im interested in knowing why the pushbutton is so bad. </div></div>
A few guys asked me in another thread about deactivating the push button which is why I posted. The push button is not bad, it was an Army requirement. I do a lot of different adjustments in the field and the push button was getting annoying after awhile. The mod also makes the clicks a little more refined and audible.
I really like the scope the glass is extremely nice, it has a robust zero stop, windage stops, marked parallax, 10 mil turrets, lots of elevation adjustment, etc.
What I like the most though which is strange is the low power ratio, I have had a few optics that offered 5,6, and 7 power ratios. But I am a fan of the lower power ratio because it just takes a slight turn of the wrist to go from the low mag power to high. The higher power ratios you have to turn and turn and turn to go from low to high and vice versa.