• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold 4.5-14x50 in for repair & M1 to M5 job

Ed-G

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2009
U.P. Michigan
I sent my Leupold Mark 4, 4.5-14x50 in for repair & asked to have the M1 turrets changed to M5's. Got a call from them today that they will fix my scope (looks like dust inside) and the turret conversion will be $170 (maybe $180, I didn't write it down). This is the total cost for both turrets. The scope is the non-illuminated TMR in the SFF. Should have it back by the end of next week and will report back then.

Re: Leupold 4.5-14x50 in for repair & M1 to M5 job

i have the Mark 4 ERT M5 4.5-15x50 TMR and it has been absolutely fantastic

I was just told that they would only put M5 Turrets on 3.5-10x or 8.5-25x by Garth at Leupold and the price was $137.99. I bought a used 3.5-10x for this reason. I really wish Leupold would get their crap together because I would much rather have had the 4.5-14x.

This is why I won't buy new Leupolds.

The first time I talked to them a month ago about my scope repair the guy said M5's were $120. I called them the other day to check on status and the guy said work had not started and I casually mentioned the M5's and he said not on my scope. Then yesterday they called to say they are ready to start and the M5's will be $170 and they needed my charge card. So I am going with the "third times the charm" last call!

I'm trying to have the same thing done to my 4.5-14X. Let us know the outcome and how long it took from shipping to receiving.