• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold 4.5x-14x VX3 With Boone&Crockett Big Game Reticle

eastexsteve

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2018
NE Texas
I picked up a Rem 700 LSS that had this scope on it. It also incorporates the range estimating feature. The whole package is referred to as the Leupold Ballistic Aiming System. I've seen these scopes, but never paid any attention to them. Now that I've had a chance to play with one, I think it would be a great hunting scope for someone new to the sport that was looking to hunt at ranges greater than 200/300 yards. I know I would love to have this back in my younger days of hunting with my dad in the open spaces of West Texas. Once you get it sighted-in and set up, the system works pretty quick. It seems like a good way to make accurare shots on deer or other large game at distances out to 500/600 yards without carrying a rangefinder, dope book, and Ipad in your pocket. I noticed there were a few of these scopes for sale on the Hide. Does anyone here still like to use these as a hunting scope?