• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold 5HD 5-25x56 Ordered

I just ordered a 3.6-18 with H59 from Liberty Optic. It's going on a rifle GAP is building for me. Seems mostly everyone is happy with the Mark 5, so I decided to give one a try. The free Kestrel sealed the deal.

I was wondering why the kestrel deal was not available at all of the Leupold retailers.

I will be extremely surprised if Scott's deals on Liberty Optics qualify for the Kestrel. (as in, I don't believe they do)

I just ordered a 3.6-18 with H59 from Liberty Optic. It's going on a rifle GAP is building for me. Seems mostly everyone is happy with the Mark 5, so I decided to give one a try. The free Kestrel sealed the deal.
I just got one of those last week and so far I am really happy! Very light for an optic in this class with all the features.
Love the turrets. I got moa so 25mos per turn. The mill is 10.5 per turn but works out great with the current knob.

I have been playing with this thing on my rimfire trainer shooting from 50 to 500 yards just to get some time dialing quickly and man do I love turrets that go all the way to 70 moa with no math and no way to get lost.

Reactions: dirthead1
I will be extremely surprised if Scott's deals on Liberty Optics qualify for the Kestrel. (as in, I don't believe they do)

I asked Scott and his response was that they are an authorized dealer and have been selling Leupold for 16 years. He would be very surprised if Leupold did not honor the rebate on scope purchased from him.

Got a Mark-5 in 5-25, and one in 3.6-18 (TMR Reticles) ... both are my absolute favorite scopes EVER !!! You chose wisely.

Any gold ring dealer should qualify.

The exclusions are mostly for those that are in one of the programs that gets you cheaper pricing to start.

Yep, I checked with Scott and he said they should qualify. I guess I have no more excuses and need to order the 3x18 I've been looking at.

Reactions: dirthead1
Yep, I checked with Scott and he said they should qualify. I guess I have no more excuses and need to order the 3x18 I've been looking at.

Are you sure about that? I talked to him as well and he sounded pretty uncertain if Leupold would honor it. Credit to him for not just trying to sell me a scope.

I’m not going to lose any sleep if they don’t honor the rebate from Scott. His price is good enough, and he is a hide vendor, so I’ll accept it and enjoy my new scope either way.

Interesting. I emailed him last night and he said they have been selling Leupold 16 years, and no reason for them to not honor the rebate.

Maybe we ask the question- has any one purchased a MK5 from Liberty and had the rebate honored?

In the market for a new scope and have had good luck with leupold in the past but when I looked at the latest offerings it seems few if any have illumination? What gives? Since I often hunt and target shoot with the same rifle I like having illumination. I have a reallly old mk4, old enough it was when they still had mil reticles and moa turrets? and even that has illum.

Illumination for hunting isn’t legal in every state. Don’t think they want to limit sales when it’s already a bloated market place for value price point scopes.

I was told that the rebate is for the enduser, they list the exclusions so let's rehash:

Resellers of Leupold products excluded. Purchases made through Expertvoice,
Guidefitter, Wholesalers, Distributors, and Leupold VIP discount programs are not eligible for this offer.

The first sentence means "we" (the reseller) are not eligible for this deal. Not consumer "purchases from" the reseller. It was confusing to me too. Also, you "the consumer" can not buy direct form the other entities listed and expect to qualify.

So, no worries. As it has been said here, I would indeed be shocked if Leupold did anything other than honor the deal for our customers. We should be good to go, and as always thanks for the purchases "Hiders" :)

Update:

I received the Mark 5 that was ordered from Liberty Optics this morning and submitted the rebate through Leupold's website. Leupold sent an email that I've copied and pasted below. I'll post another update once they confirm if the rebate submission was accepted or not.

Leupold email:

"Thank you for submitting your rebate application. Please retain copies of all your rebate submission credentials for your records. Allow 2-3 weeks for your rebate submission to be reviewed and processed. Once processed, you will be notified whether your rebate submission meets all the terms and conditions and be provided a delivery ETA if applicable. "

Update 3:

Just received email that Kestrel had shipped. So 4-6 weeks was actually 1 day. If you are looking for a Mark 5, I highly recommend @LibertyOptics . Their pricing can't be beat and this has proven that the rebate is valid if purchased through them.

Reactions: ChrisAU
Awesome, thanks! I have a 3.6-18 on order from Liberty, can't wait to get my hands on it. Just make the deal too sweet to resist.

Bought a 3.6-18 mark5 hd and I love it. Great lighter scope for hunting. Shot an over the counter 5x5 elk in November at dusk and it was plenty bright.

Illuminated. Though it was off when I shot the elk. I have mostly illuminated scopes but rarely use it when hunting.

Does anyone know if the scope need to be received before April 15th for the rebate to work?

Anybody else waiting on shipment from @LibertyOptics ? I'm getting concerned at this point, ordered on march 4th, still dont have shipping notification, and we are closing in on the date to have rebate submitted by.

Anybody else waiting on shipment from @LibertyOptics ? I'm getting concerned at this point, ordered on march 4th, still dont have shipping notification, and we are closing in on the date to have rebate submitted by.

There seems to be quite the back log on some models. I ordered a 3.6-18 TMR on Feb 14th...still no ETA. Scott has been responsive and he assures me they are coming though. I actually happened into an illuminated TMR 3.6-18 and have it mounted anyway, figure I'll wait a few more days before cancelling because I should be able to make a few bucks on the non-illum + the Kestrel and I'm sure Scott's business has slowed like everyone else.

I hear you, and would rather not cancel the order. the price of the scope was quite a big spend for me, and the kestrel sealed the deal. I would be extremely disappointed to miss the rebate because leupold couldn't keep up with production.

Hey guys, full disclosure, we have about 10 of you to take care of to make this a perfect run. It is indeed a supply problem, Leupold needs to extend the rebate period if they can't ship scopes. As for cancelling, you are free to, but not sure what good that does you, you can't get a Kestrel for any purchases made now and our price is hard to beat. Might as well stay the course? We have 18 days to come through.

Thanks,

Scott

Hey guys, full disclosure, we have about 10 of you to take care of to make this a perfect run. It is indeed a supply problem, Leupold needs to extend the rebate period if they can't ship scopes. As for cancelling, you are free to, but not sure what good that does you, you can't get a Kestrel for any purchases made now and our price is hard to beat. Might as well stay the course? We have 18 days to come through.

Thanks,

Scott

I already have an email exchange with Leupold stating that they will not extend the time frame.

I have an email chain with them where they gave me the opposite feedback. They said if their backlog is causing me to miss the warranty, the rebate will be honored and to send the info to [email protected] with the receipt with proof for the date of purchase and a photo of the UPC scan code that is inside the box.

I have an email chain with them where they gave me the opposite feedback. They said if their backlog is causing me to miss the warranty, the rebate will be honored and to send the info to [email protected] with the receipt with proof for the date of purchase and a photo of the UPC scan code that is inside the box.

I certainly hope you're right, my reply came from [email protected]. It was a response to a "contact us" communication on thier website. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Welp reached out to them to comfort myself and got this...

Hello Chris,

We unfortunately cannot extend the deadline for submission. The receipt must show the scope was purchased prior to 3/15/20 and the submission must be done prior to the 4/15/20 deadline. We apologize if this creates any inconvenience.

Regards,
David

Hi, I ordered a model 173296 from my dealer on 2/14/20 thanks to the Kestrel Rebate. Due to the extremely long backorder I'm worried I won't get it in time to submit the rebate by 4/15, will there be an extension because of the backlog? Just curious.

Thanks! - Chris

Well the deadline for rebate submission has come and gone. A month + after ordering and still no optics. No reply from Leupold this week to emails asking for leniency on the deadline. I suppose that salty flavor is what a grand worth of Kestrels tastes like...

Just got this reply from Leupold. Glad they are standing behind it.
B04A3446-E885-4B9F-952F-F38AEE55AC63.png