• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold 6.5-20 x50mm M5 FF TMR = FYI WTF??

sjb269

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2010
Coyote Valley
Per Leupold website it is listed as having 100 MOA internal adjustment. It doen'st.
I just Checked mine and found I have 81 MOA adj. Elevation and 80 MOA Windage.
I checked by gently seating the turrets and counting the "clicks" in the opposite direction. I then multiplied the number (236) by .1 ... answer = 23.6. Multiplied by 3.438, = 81.13 MOA.
The frustrating part is during the 30 minute phone conversation with leupold we discovered the paper (Tactical) catalog lists the scope as having 60 MOA win. and 60 Ele. so now there are three different figures.
Probably because the 1/10 mil is a courser adjustment than a 1/4 MOA I guess.
Probably wont affect me, but if you shoot looong range it might make a difference.
Bizzare they would even list the range as MOA in the first place on an M5 1/10 mil turret.

Re: Leupold 6.5-20 x50mm M5 FF TMR = FYI WTF??

Sounds good... It'll take some time to work up to that level of proficiency I think. 20 mils of elevation and windage that is.
thanks for the reply, just seemed a bit wonky that Leuplod was listing 2 different internal ranges ranges on the m5. 100 MOA and 60mils. I am gonna run the scope through some 100 yd. Tests later this month.

I'm looking forward to seeing your findings. We will be doing a review on a Leupold MK4 M5 6.5-20x50mm also.

Mike @ CST

Mike (as you saw) with this glass, my 20" barrel Tac Ops and 175 SMK/44.0 Varget it takes me 11.6 mils to reach 1000.

I would like to pick up the new S&B but for half the price I love this new Leupold TMR FFP 6.5-20.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sjb269</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Per Leupold website it is listed as having 100 MOA internal adjustment. It doen'st.
I just Checked mine and found I have 81 MOA adj. Elevation and 80 MOA Windage.
I checked by gently seating the turrets and counting the "clicks" in the opposite direction. I then multiplied the number (236) by .1 ... answer = 23.6. Multiplied by 3.438, = 81.13 MOA.
The frustrating part is during the 30 minute phone conversation with leupold we discovered the paper (Tactical) catalog lists the scope as having 60 MOA win. and 60 Ele. so now there are three different figures.
Probably because the 1/10 mil is a courser adjustment than a 1/4 MOA I guess.
Probably wont affect me, but if you shoot looong range it might make a difference.
Bizzare they would even list the range as MOA in the first place on an M5 1/10 mil turret. </div></div>

I came painfully close to pulling the trigger on one of these, but discovered the same discrepancies and nobody seemed to know for sure, so I bought a Razor. No regrets. It has *plenty* of elevation (I can dial to 2K!)

But thanks for posting this, as others may or may not have realized that it's written differently in different places. I'd be pissed if I bought a scope expecting it to have 100 MOA and it only had 80.

John

I'm not too upset...yet, my frustration lies in "The Experts"... Leupold not having a tighter game and bungling the numbers on this scope.
I'll know more later this month. In reality, as a amature long range shooter, 1000yds is a lofty goal anyway.
Even if it only has 60 moa total adjustment, like the Tactical brochure lists... it should get me out to 700-800 ish yards???. thatll keep me busy for quite some time.
Hopefully it has 80 like the "livingroom test" concluded.

Is the high end magnification ratio 20:1 or 18.6:1 on this scope?

I had a Leupold Vari-X III 6.5-20 before and in the manual it stated that the highest mag was actually 18.6x and NOT 20x. Don't know if this is true for any other Leupold 6.5-20 scopes.