• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold adjustable turrents?

NRF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2010
CORNHUSKER
My buddy is thinking of buying one. Who's tried them?
How repeatable are they?

Give me some pros and cons so I can lead him in the right direction.

He isn't wanting to spend the money on a NF, S&B, US optics, ect. what would be his better option?

Thanks in advance

Re: Leupold adjustable turrents?

BTT.....Still asking for users out there? Thanks again, NF

I have the 3.5-10 CDS on one of my 22lr's and it works great. I also have a 8.5-25 with target turrets that works as well.

Yes sir, Leupold® VX-3 CDS Riflescopes, I guess is what he wants to know about, and I know nothing about them, which is why im asking you guys, and while I'm doing some looking for him just as well ask 2 questions at once. What are the Leupold Mark 4 Long-Range/Tactical Riflescopes like? Seems like alot of money for something that isn't tried and trued, I'll stick to my Nightforce until I hear a few years of good results??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbuck88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the 3.5-10 CDS on one of my 22lr's and it works great. I also have a 8.5-25 with target turrets that works as well. </div></div>

How do you calculate your tue balistics for the scope? And what if you hunt in different elevations? What do you have to do or change? Or are they are following Huskemaw scopes design and have to send the gun to them? But everytime you hunt in different elevations you have to send the gun back to be re calibrated?

My other friend has the same situation with a Swarowski which has horizontal dashes, and he has to find out what each dash mark really is per his specific load and elevation change?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NRF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbuck88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the 3.5-10 CDS on one of my 22lr's and it works great. I also have a 8.5-25 with target turrets that works as well. </div></div>

How do you calculate your tue balistics for the scope? And what if you hunt in different elevations? What do you have to do or change? Or are they are following Huskemaw scopes design and have to send the gun to them? But everytime you hunt in different elevations you have to send the gun back to be re calibrated?

My other friend has the same situation with a Swarowski which has horizontal dashes, and he has to find out what each dash mark really is per his specific load and elevation change? </div></div>

check out leupold custom shop. there you can order the vx-3 with the cds and it will ask you the information needed to convert that info to the turrets. i dont remember where, but i have seen a deal going on where you get two other caps for free! which im sure you can have them done for different elevations. your friend jsut has to make sure he uses the SAME ammunition everytime since they are calibrated for specific loads.

i actually thought about getting the cds for my 22-250...butttt.. though i have acheived awesome groups, im still developing loads so it wont really work out for me right now.

anywho....

https://customshop.leupold.com/custom_shop.php

there ya go... hope that helps.

ps.. dont hate on the mark4! hahaha. i have one and it has been doing me well. im sure its not as good as the nightforce, but hey, work is slow for a crane operator and a mark4 is great for what i can afford right now. =)