• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold CCH vs Horus 59 Reticles?

Winny94

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 19, 2013
    I can't seem to find good hi-res images of the CCH reticle, but from what I can see, it looks great. Has anyone compared it to a H59? Thoughts?

Reactions: aljones_315
    2j2ubna.jpg

Reactions: KYAggie
    I’m about to buy a 5x25 MK 5 with the CCH. Used a tremor 2 for years and want to try something different.

It'd drive me nuts using .25 mils after being used to .2's.

If I were starting from scratch, then it might not be too bad.

Otherwise L did a good job on it.

I like it and think they did a good job. Little less cluttered with the way the numbers are done. Just not a fan of the upside down triangles is all.

I like it and think they did a good job. Little less cluttered with the way the numbers are done. Just not a fan of the upside down triangles is all.

Has anyone found definitive practical use/application for the chevrons? I don't think I'd ever use them, just trying to get smarter on the best application and how they're used for leading and ranging movers. Only information I was able to find (below), which wasn't much. I was an early adopter and I don't recall getting a separate manual for the reticle when I purchased the scope.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/leupolds-cch-reticle/

Leupold-reticle-CCH-diagram.png

I can't seem to find good hi-res images of the CCH reticle, but from what I can see, it looks great. Has anyone compared it to a H59? Thoughts?

I'm running the Mark 5HD 3.6-18x CCH on my MWS, which replaced an S&B PMII 4-16x H37. Hindsight being 20/20 I probably should've kept the S&B, but I was able to offload it for a decent amount, picked up the Mark 5HD and pocketed a lot of the extra cash in the exchange. The Mark 5HD offered advantages over the S&B such as being more compact, lightweight, etc. Never used the illumination to light up the H37, and while the Mark 5HD didn't resolve quite as well as the S&B at distance, it comes close enough and still gets the job done. There is a lot to like about the Leupold's CCH reticle, especially given the wind calls we were getting from our spotter during DRCC, who tended to call out corrections in quarter .mil increments. Initially I wasn't sure how I would feel about it being graduated in .25 mil hashes considering I'm used to seeing grid reticles with .2 hash marks. Nevertheless, I have grown to appreciate the open center at each .25 mil hash and I think I really would've benefited from this optic during the long range portion of the training (was running a 1-8x ATACR). I've contemplated selling it and replacing it with an H59 reticle since I would like to streamline all my reticles across all my current and future scopes (MPVOs/HPVOs), but for some reason I just can't bring myself to part ways with this scope featuring this reticle. I will say that the lines are very thin and I suppose it could get lost in a heavily wooded/shaded backdrop, but I haven't been hindered by that for my uses. In this case it would be nice if Leupold did offer illumination for this reticle in this particular model. Besides that, if I do find a limitation that I can't get over then I might entertain swapping it out for a Mark 5HD H59 or a NF 4-16x H59. It really is a great scope and reticle combo overall.

Hello everyone! Looking for High Res CCH? How about this brand new diagram that'll be going live on the website in a few days?

Give our Tech Service guys a call at 1-800-LEUPOLD if you have any questions!
    Thanks. The Chevrons I’m guessing are for moving targets at 3/6mph or so?

Leupold, thank you for improving the reticle descriptions on your site. When buying my mk5 that was one of the hardest decisions for me because what little information out there on your proprietary reticles made it very hard to compare to the Horus options. This will greatly improve the buying experience! And give me something to study now

Reactions: Lynn313
    I was debating pretty hard between the two as well but I went with the H59 and never looked back. I love the open top reticle so you can scan the horizon without obstruction.

Go to 26:48 of this video:

I had my paper print out of reticle, the unmounted scope, and use the pause/rewind a lot! Big help! I love my Mark 5HDs. I’ve got a couple in MOA I’ll be selling or trading to get to the CCH or PR-2 reticles.
    Thanks for the video share!!!

Reactions: Yellowhammer