• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold CDS versus Swarovski BT turrett

snave58

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2011
Colorado
thinking about putting one of these two on my next hunting rifle and was looking for some or any input about either one if anybody has tried them.
thx...

Re: Leupold CDS versus Swarovski BT turrett

found the info I needed reading down the fourm on the BT turett, any info on Leupold would be appreciated.
thx again...

The CDS is a great turret design. Leupold makes the turret to match your load and you can install it yourself with ease. Its marked for yardage so its easy to dial in. Very nice feature is you can have additional dials made depending on what load your using of if you change caliber and swap them out as needed.
One trade off is this, the dial will bottom out at your zero. This means it acts as a zero stop so its very easy to turn back, when it stops you are at your zero. The trade off is that you cannot go below your zero, so say you have your zero at 150 yards and want to soot 100 you need to hold low instead of clicking down. Not really a biggie if your zero is the closest your shots usally are or if you do a little range time you can dope it to see where your holdovers (under in this case) will be at those distances. Great system though!

Trevor B.

swarovski all the way, better optically, the bt system can be changed, so if your load changes or you decide to change your zero you do it. with the cds, that can be done with any scope, zeiss is doing it, it can be added to nightforce, heck add a customer turret to a nightforce nxs and you have an illuminated G7.

i prefer the ballistic turret system because it can be changed if need be. i've even has a couple customers that use a swarovski scope and bt system on a few different rifles. all he does is keeps the paper work for each rifle with the said rifle and only has to rezero when changing the scope between rifles. i'd go with this system every time