• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold Delta Point......

Tripwire

Private
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2006
VA
Thinking about doing one on an offset mount in conjunction with a regular scope on an AR platform, or run it inline with a set of flip downs. Can't really find any derogatory reviews on this sight. Any thoughts good or bad?

I like how little the damn thing is, and that it's covered with the lifetime warranty......

Re: Leupold Delta Point......

Stay away. I traded mine for a pair of binocs after sending back to Leupold twice without it being repaired or replaced before I ever shot with it.

It had severe starburst issues where the it looked like 3 deltas would move in and out of focus with one another and it would cycle through all of its brightness settings constantly. I even bought a new battery to prove to Leupold their product was crap.

The battery is held in by placing it underneath the unit and tightening the mounting screws - enough said.

Being in Oregon, I really want to like their products but I have a had a couple of bad experiences with them. Thankfully they fixed the parallax adjustment on my Mark AR that was stiff from the factory and eventually completely bound up on me.

Do yourself a favor and get the aimpoint micro. I also looked through the Trijicon RMR and the dot was not well defined on it either. Leupold makes great passive optics, but the Deltapoint leaves much to be desired.

Not to hijack but I love the MRDS by Insight. And of course the aimpoint is great too. The deltapoint just didn't look like it was up to Leupold's usual par for me.

I'm running a Burris Fastfire and it works well. The only thing I don't like is you have to remember to turn it off or you'll run the battery down. Don't have any experience with the Leupold but I've heard they turn on and off by motion. That would be a good feature to have. My Burris is mounted at 1:30 on a JP handguard and works great for close in.

I have one mounted on an AK with the Midwest Industries/US Palms front rail. Love the little sight. It co witness with my AK iron sights. I have nothing bad to say about mine. Like I said it sits on a front rail of an AK in 7.62x39 and handles the recoil perfectly, no loss of zero etc.

Trip, I have one in an offset mount on my MK12. I didn't have much time running it last time home so I can't give a fully qualified review of it, but I'll say that I like the Trijicon and Doctor sights more. It's a good sight, especially if you're getting it at the LEO/Mil price, but otherwise I'd look at one of the other alternatives if they're in your budget.

The dot on mine is good, but the others are just a bit better. However it's WAY better than a Burris Fastfire II, and I have one of those too. Very finicky on the zeroing and I burned up over 20 rounds of match ammo trying to get it where I wanted it at for 50m, and that was with one shot adjustments from the bench. It reminded me of zeroing the old Unertls...

I'm not sure on the mount compatibility either, but I'm looking to pick up one of the GDI mounts to run a red dot next to my scope. I'm already looking to replace the Leupold with another Trijicon due to that factor. If anyone knows whether the Leupold shares compatibility with the bottom plate mount of one of the other sights, let me know.

Thanks all for the input.......

I have a Delta Point as a primary on a Ruger MkIII 22/45 thats threaded and usually suppressed. It works beautifully and the battery has been good for over 6 months. If you use the cover and dont move it unless you are going to shoot it, it will last for a long time. I have a couple of the Trijicon RMR's on top of ACOGs and while they work well, they are much more in price. As with anything, they can all be damaged or a lemon from the factory, but Leupold has stood behind every single piece of kit I have ever bought from them, this is no exception...

Bill