• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Discount

SepticDeath

Live Free or Die!
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2014
Indiana
Can someone explain how the military veteran discount works? 40% off MSRP? Do you buy it off Leupold's website? I seen you scan your DD214 and upload it. Looking to pick up a mark 5. Thanks for any help.

Many manufacturers offfer a nice discount, and you are usually waiting a long time for delivery. That's okay, you would wait a long time for Leupold delivery right now from us as well. Keep in mind that most give you a % based upon MSRP, which is some number way out there in the clouds, and every dealer works somewhere around MAP, and sometimes sells lower than MPA. MSRP in the optics business is a way inflated number.

Sometimes, a dealer can give you a similar military discount. One thing we do is offer a military discount for combos -- rifle and otics -- that will beat the military discounts. Some manufacturers also give the dealers an incentive for LE or military business. More on the rifle and pistol side, but not unheard of on the optic side.

Reactions: SepticDeath
Ok. Signed up last night and got an email this morning saying I am good to go. Trying to decide which mark 5 i am going go with for now. Another long range optic or 3x18 for hunting. Thx for the help.

I talked to someone from leupold recently because I was interested in a mk5 scope as well. Ship time is 4-8 weeks.

FYI

I talked to someone from leupold recently because I was interested in a mk5 scope as well. Ship time is 4-8 weeks.

FYI
Ok, thx. Ordered the Mark 5 3x18 a few days ago. Bought the Illuminated TMR reticle as this scope will used mostly for popping coyotes.

No shit? 40%?

Isn't MSRP so padded that 40% just brings it down to regular prices/sale prices if you're patient?

Or is this something worth jumping on?
I would get on it. Not going to say exactly what I paid but it was definitely cheaper than I could find it anywhere. Not saying there may not be the occasional sale that could beat the price I paid for it. I paid up for the illuminated recticle but it will be an important feature for me using a first focal optic to hunt in low light environments.

Well, I just went ahead and signed up for it. My god, the Mk8 price!!! Not sure I'd drop $6k on anything Leupold... That's pure tier 1 cash there --TT, ZCO, Hensoldt, maybe even a contract overrun Counter Sniper...

But I do have my eyes on an Illuminated Tremor Mk5 7-35 but I really need to read those MOA vs Mil threads first (just kidding). If it is 40% off then I'll probably figure out a way to make it happen. It looks like this will be going on a for a while though. I'm guessing, but at $2500 that'd be damn hard to beat.

They do limit you on how much you can order per year so it must be at or better than dealer pricing I'd think.

Pretty much as been laid out. Its an easy program to sigh up for and personally I think it makes the mk5's a no brainer in most circumstances.

Tier one alpha glass. Nope, but a solid American product with great customer support, and I am ok with that. The type of shooting I do does not call for the best euro glass. I can absolutely appreciate the engineering that went into tier one optics, but for me everything has a point of diminishing returns.

For example, the 3-18 mk5 comes in about 900 less than a NF 4-16 on Mil pricing.

FWIW, If only needed one optic or two optics, I would definitely consider NF, over 4 or 5 optics, that's alot of money.

I was quoted 8 weeks and they delivered in about 5

Tossing this one out there as well - Gets you pricing on RCBS, Bushnell, Hoppe's, Champion Target, Weaver, Primos, and Butler Creek. Veterans, MIL, LE, First responders. Easy single sign on for all those brands. Goes from our warehouse to your door with fast shipping times on things that are in stock.

Tossing this one out there as well - Gets you pricing on RCBS, Bushnell, Hoppe's, Champion Target, Weaver, Primos, and Butler Creek. Veterans, MIL, LE, First responders. Easy single sign on for all those brands. Goes from our warehouse to your door with fast shipping times on things that are in stock.

Won’t take me to the form when i sign in