• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes leupold Elevation knob

madmikes262

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2013
SW Arizona
I have a Leupold Vari X -3 3.5 -10 X 40mm scope.In 2012 I sent it to leupold to have it inspected and the knobs and reticle updated to a M5.,well I havent used this scope since 2012.So I took it out its box and mounted it on a M1A.I was looking at the elevation knob just to get familiar with it.I was looking for the zero numeral and there isnt one.It starts with 1 then 1.5,2 2.5 etc up to 6.In between the 1 and the 6 is a space but know zero marking.When I go to zero this scope should I start at 1 or halfway between the 1 and the 6.Any help would be appreciated.

Okay Ive located the paperwork and I have the Leupold CDS turrets,custom dial system.All I have to do is zero the M1A for 100 yards and use 168 gr smk round and it should be on at 100,200,300,400 etc.Boy now I feel better.Try it out at Range next week.