• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold IMS clearance at Midway (AR specific optic mount)

flyer

Unicorn hunter
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2018
It looks like it's only a little over $66 to get both parts of the two piece mount.

The description says four screws per cap and steel thread inserts. That sounds very nice at that price point.

It's not QD but in that price range that's not worth complaining about.

I think they have 30mm and 1". I got two 30mm one for a Bushnell low power variable and one I'm going to move a VX-R Patrol in to.

I just went back and the IMS base seems to be out of stock.

If so that probably ruins the deal.

I hope my order went through.

I got a shipping notification so fingers crossed, I think I got the deal.

I was not able to find much info on the two piece mounts but Leupold marketed it as Mark 4 which is a fairly expensive tactical focused line of scopes and other products. I'm hoping the mount is on the same level of quality. The MSRP seems to suggest it's a premium product, that's usually a good indication but not always.

There were some slightly negative reviews by people who had trouble fitting or stripping the screws that attach the Pickatinny base to the IMS ring insert. It doesn't sound like a big deal, probably just file or enlarge the holes slightly if it is an issue.

It seems that Leupold also makes 1 piece IMS mounts in the Mark 2 and Mark 4 lines. That seems like probably a cost reduction or maybe a product improvement if the screw issue was common.

This should let me shuffle some mounts and get more optics mounted on uppers at a low price.

I got a delivery notice, my mounts should be waiting for me at home.

Fingers crossed the order is right.

These things look pretty legit.

The ring insert is held to the base by four fairly large flathead screws with pre-applied blue thread locker.

I haven't put one together yet but the few negative complaints make it sound like some might not have exactly matching hole patterns between the base and ring insert. Hopefully mine will match up.

If it does go together easily, and doesn't have any other issues I can't see yet, I think it was a really nice deal and after a little bit of scope shuffle I'll have two more scopes mounted up in budget friendly mounts that I'm not worried about.

Both mounts went together without issue, hole patterns perfectly aligned.

Next I have to try a scope and see if they need lapping.

So far they look and feel really nice.

If I ever see them again at this price I'll buy another 1-2 sets just for spares.