• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold LRP Tracking Test Results

aaronk

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2018
Washington
Good out to 2mil and kind of returns to zero.... That's pretty good right?! o_O

Back to Leupold it goes...

If you see some editing marks that's because I ran the test twice on the same target, this was the second run as my zero was off slightly for the first. The scope was at least consistently bad between the two tests... A 45" spread over 12 mils - or high about 1/2 mil with 12 mil dialed.

IMG_4820.jpg

Be sure to post when it comes back. I'm curious if they fix it or if that qualifies as in spec. And if it's 'fixed', if it's truly fixed.

Which LRP was used in this test? Interested to hear what comes of it. I just picked up a 6.5-20 FFP CCH LRP :confused: hopefully get time to play with it shortly.

This was the 4.5-14 FFP TMR version. I really want to like this scope as it checks all the boxes for me in a lightweight hunting scope that has all the features of a precision rifle scope, but parallax is hard to get rid of and now the tracking issues... I’m quickly losing interest in it.

Hopefully Leupold makes it right.

Reactions: trob_205
I was looking for the same thing for a hunting scope.

I know it's popular to bash leupold these days but there is some basis for it, which is why I didn't go that direction.

I'm sure leupold will make it right for you. If you decide to go another direction, I've Been very happy with my LRHS. Not as light, but checks all the other features.

Well apparently Leupold agreed something was wrong it as I received an email stating that it'd be 5 weeks before I get it back...

I ran a mechanical tracking test on a 6.5-20 LRP and it tracked well running a 5 x 10 mil racetrack. I still need to put it through its paces but so far so good.

I railed against this line when it was released and it's not hard to do when you compare it to some of its contemporaries. That being said the cch reticle is cool, it's light, ffp, and appears to track, so it's not all bad. I am no fan of leupold but I'll give credit where it is due.

I have a vx3i 8.5-25 and it tracks perfectly. I actually like it so much I bought 2. One dedicated for my 6.5 and one on a quick release for my others.

I ran a mechanical tracking test on a 6.5-20 LRP and it tracked well running a 5 x 10 mil racetrack. I still need to put it through its paces but so far so good.

I railed against this line when it was released and it's not hard to do when you compare it to some of its contemporaries. That being said the cch reticle is cool, it's light, ffp, and appears to track, so it's not all bad. I am no fan of leupold but I'll give credit where it is due.

I picked up a CCH 6.5-20 so kinda hopeing it’s shakes out the same. I havnt had a chance to play with it yet tho.