• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark 4 10x

KG7YUO

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 15, 2022
    Arizona
    I decided I wanted to try long range shooting, I have been involved mostly in pistol and carbine. I recently bought a Gen 1 Remington 700 5r that came with a Leupold Mark 4 10x, I was told the rifle is from 2009 and the scope is 2008. I like the look and simplicity of this old school scope, I know it has Mil retical / MOA turrets and I do understand the conversion and I know matching turret/retical is the preferred setup. I do have a Vortex Razor and a Nightforce 4-14, but I want to learn to use this particular Leupold scope, a lot of professionals have used this type of scope for many years.
    My question, first what turret does this scope have, M1, M3 ?
    I am overthinking and confusing myself with the mildot retical. Im guessing the mil dot if used for range estimation would be converted to MOA and dialed accordingly. If I am not using for ranging, once zeroed in at 100yds and I have my dope for other distances I could use my rangefinder and just dial as needed.

Attachments

• IMG_9867.JPG
      IMG_9867.JPG
      1 MB · Views: 75
    • IMG_9868.JPG
      IMG_9868.JPG
      400.7 KB · Views: 84
    • IMG_9871.JPG
      IMG_9871.JPG
      419.1 KB · Views: 73
    Reactions: WT1